NAB Qantas Signature 115k QF points for $395 AF - Pointhacks exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasszon

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Surprised it hasn't been posted here yet, there's a new promotion by Pointhacks. 115k QF Bonus points by signing up to NAB Qantas Signature with a $4k spend.

The annual fee is very high ($395), so this won't be the first option for churning until you went through the other ones, but this could be worth it for people that have already churned the other cards or would rather churn 1 credit cards instead of 2.

If I am not wrong this should be the highest lump sum sign-up bonus for a single credit card.

The link to promo:
NAB Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Cards - Point Hacks Guide

Please note NAB now have added the 12 month exclusion rule as well, so no double or triple dipping this time.

Surprised it hasn't been posted here yet

Surprised? The offer only started April 16, which is the date of your post. And it wasn't even posted on OzBargain until 2.42 pm on the 16th :)

Please note NAB now have added the 12 month exclusion rule as well, so no double or triple dipping this time.

Thanks for drawing attention to this fact again. This is relatively new but was introduced before this offering, although many may not be aware of it. I'm out of NAB cards for another 11 months because of this.

I think that the following significant restriction also worth noting for this card:

'1 point per $ spent up to $5,000 per statement period, and 0.5 Qantas Points per $ thereafter, up to $20,000.'

Last edited:
Hmm.. I wonder how strict they are on the 12 month rule.
Time to get the missus to apply for this card
Given they've just introduced it and are basically the last bank to do so, I'd expect them to enforce it.

Yes NAB changed this a little while back on their card offers. As reported by Kangol a little will back:

There is a new 12 month exclusion clause, see underlined text.
It's not explicitly clear when the 12 month clause came into effect, appears it may be 26 Feb 2018.

Hmmmm. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a better offer for a card is made just a matter of months after I get it. It's a shame the system is designed to reward churning not loyalty, but it is what it is.

If it weren't for the exclusion period I'd be very tempted by this offer.

Hmmmm. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a better offer for a card is made just a matter of months after I get it. It's a shame the system is designed to reward churning not loyalty, but it is what it is.

Churning is definitely the way to go to earn large numbers of points quickly. Loyalty is a foreign concept to financial institutions. That's the way they want it so play along. It does surprise me that some members just can't accept this and continue to attempt to bully those that advocate churning. But then again the world is full of haters.

I agree with the sentiment of this now being 115k instead of the 100k it was about 3 months ago. But there's just no way of knowing what offers may come up again. Next time it might be 90k. So I always take the offers when they are available rather than waiting in hope for it to improve.

If it weren't for the exclusion period I'd be very tempted by this offer.

Me too. But there's plenty of other offers with other institutions. NAB will just have to wait for me to consider them again in 12 months time :)

Last edited:
This looks attractive but the high annual fee is a turn off for me. I haven't got a NAB Card for years so I will be waiting for any annual fee reduction before I jump in.

Hmmmm. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a better offer for a card is made just a matter of months after I get it.

I agree with the sentiment of this now being 115k instead of the 100k it was about 3 months ago. But there's just no way of knowing what offers may come up again. Next time it might be 90k. So I always take the offers when they are available rather than waiting in hope for it to improve.

Agreed, it is disappointing, but exactly the same as buying a car and it then coming on sale a month later, or buying an airline ticket, and it the coming on sale later!

This looks attractive but the high annual fee is a turn off for me. I haven't got a NAB Card for years so I will be waiting for any annual fee reduction before I jump in.
Agree it's high. But I like to think about gaining points from these offers as an averaging exercise. Eg: Take these two offers St George Amplify card - $139 for 90k points (discounted fee via specific link) + ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 months and add in the offer from this current thread and you get a total of 280,000 points for $534.

As for waiting for a fee reduction offer from NAB, good luck with that strategy. If you have a look at the recent history of offerings from NAB there's an upward trend in the fee, rather than a downward trend.

I'm very keen on this card. I think the $395 fee is more than offset by the value of the 115,000 QF points. But alas I'm in the exclusionary period until late May so I'll hold fire until then.

Agree it's high. But I like to think about gaining points from these offers as an averaging exercise. Eg: Take these two offers St George Amplify card - $139 for 90k points (discounted fee via specific link) + ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 months and add in the offer from this current thread and you get a total of 280,000 points for $534.

As for waiting for a fee reduction offer from NAB, good luck with that strategy. If you have a look at the recent history of offerings from NAB there's an upward trend in the fee, rather than a downward trend.

Yeah I have been recycling between a number of CCs. Right now I am on the St George 90K/$139 offer, and recently cancelled the Virgin Money Flyer card as well as Westpac Qantas Black. After the St George bonus is completed, I will probably sign up the Qantas Money Premier CC ($149 annual fee). My ANZ FF exclusion period lasts until end of this year. I will also cancel my Fee free Citibank Signature as well soon to free up another opportunity.

But i am no immediate need to have these points for redemption so I can afford to wait for a better NAB offer.

. It does surprise me that some members just can't accept this and continue to attempt to bully those that advocate churning. But then again the world is full of haters.

Well as an avid CC churner of some decades practice I would be interested as to who is actually bullying people to not churn?

My advice to anyone is to maximise your point earn for your own circumstances (Income, choice of preferred FF program/s,.residency)
- For some this is to churn all cards
- For many it is to churn most cards, but to keep select cards (as on those cards many can make far more points than churning those cards, not to mention $$$$ )

In addition some people have particular reasons to keep certain cards. ie Retirees, knowing your future income will drop, particular non-point benefits of which their are many different types that some people find of value (lounge access TI, concierge, etc) etc.

I am not sure who would be advocating that one should not churn at all.

As with most things in the FF World there is not one approach that is best for all.

Pointhacks says "Offer unavailable to existing NAB cardholders, if closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or to those who have held a NAB-issued credit card within the last 12 months".

While NAB says "This bonus points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Qantas Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards credit card in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card or NAB Qantas Rewards Card account."

Assume it is ok if you've had a non Qantas NAB card in the last 12 months?

Pointhacks says "Offer unavailable to existing NAB cardholders, if closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or to those who have held a NAB-issued credit card within the last 12 months".

While NAB says "This bonus points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Qantas Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards credit card in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card or NAB Qantas Rewards Card account."

I was just looking at that. I’m presuming they are splitting QF and rewards cards just like ANZ do. Cancelled my last NAB QF card in May 17. Will apply next month and ignore the fact I had a NAB rewards card recently.

I wouldn't assume. Get it in writing from them.

I, too, am having difficulty justifying the cost. I will soon find myself 37.5 hours a week shy of a full time job which will make applying for a card near impossible for the next several months. It's a tough decision.

That's an interesting way of looking at it.

While I get any NAB cards for free, I don't get the whole 'too expensive' line.

Massive bonus points from fee free cards just are not anywhere near as common after the RBA changes, expecting & relying on these cards to be readily on offer nowadays will limit your churning opportunities.

You have too put a price on what you're willing to pay for points, if that's NIL then fine, you'll be trading accumulation time for actual cash - but for me 115,000 QFF points for $400 @ 0.35c per point is a great deal IMO.

As the DR has pointed out above, accumulating a J OWE 280,000 QFF points for ~$600 in fee's - it's a whole lot cheaper then looking to purchase it outright for $12,000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back