NAB Qantas Platinum Card bonus 35,000 QFF points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience with the travel insurance on the platinum card. I had a quick skim of the PDS and all seems to be in order...just want to check that there are no nasty surprises burried deep in the fine print?

When you say 'churn', does that mean to apply somehow and then cancel? So, one would be pricing 35K QF pts at $300?

What does this mean?:

Points will be allocated on a tiered basis, first on your NAB Qantas American Express Platinum Card spend, then on your NAB Qantas Visa spend.

What does this mean?:

Points will be allocated on a tiered basis, first on your NAB Qantas American Express Platinum Card spend, then on your NAB Qantas Visa spend.

I think that has just carried through from the standard and gold cards - those have lower points earns after a certain $ value spend per month.

I think that has just carried through from the standard and gold cards - those have lower points earns after a certain $ value spend per month.

The gold card has capped earn per month.

Sent from the Throne

When you say 'churn', does that mean to apply somehow and then cancel? So, one would be pricing 35K QF pts at $300?
Yeah. When you compare it to some of the usual sign on bonuses like:
AMEX - 80K @ $900 (currently only 45K)
https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/the-platinum-card/
Citibank Select - 50K @ $700
Citibank Select Credit Card - Citibank Australia
Citibank Signature Rewards - 24K (over 12 months) @ $299
Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature | Credit Cards - Citibank Australia
HSBC - 20K @ $199
HSBC Qantas Platinum Credit Card Offer | HSBC Australia

AMEX Discovery - 5K + 2.5K @ $0
Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Pay - Qantas American Express Discovery Card

Doesn't seem to much on offer a Westpac, CBA or ANZ.

I haven't tried churning Woolworths Everyday Rewards offers as it is one of my regular cards

Applied and approved, I might keep it and flick the QF Amex that costs $450pa especially as it's no longer offered.

HSBC - 20K @ $199

I haven't tried churning Woolworths Everyday Rewards offers as it is one of my regular cards

Not to mention the Qantas Staff Credit Union 30K @ $0 offer that's good until 31 December 2012: https://www.qantascu.com.au/credit-cards-visa-platinum-credit-card.html.

The deal has been discussed in more detail: Qantas CU - Platinum Visa

What's the minimum income requirement for Gold and Platinum respectively?

Also how does the travel insurance compare to the Amex Plat primary cardholder deal?

I also forgot to ask - is this the NAB card that offers a very good deal on foreign transactions in terms of exchange rate/commission too, or am I getting it confused with another NAB product?

I also forgot to ask - is this the NAB card that offers a very good deal on foreign transactions in terms of exchange rate/commission too, or am I getting it confused with another NAB product?

No, that was the Gold Visa Debit. That product has now been removed. As was my loyalty ;-)

HSBC - 20K @ $199

Must admit I'm looking at an opportunity to churn and am distinctly underwhelmed by current offers. My threshold for KF ppoints is about 1c per dollar (and QF even less) so very few of thos stack up purely as a churn, Citibank maybe because they are great cards and the signon bonus effectively reduces year 1 cost, EDR just cuts it purely as a churn but the rest I wouldn't be applying for unless you really want the card! Amex Discovery maybe given it's free money but not really sure it's worth it for 7.5K points.

Anybody else had experience with the process? I emailed in pay slips but now have to return their voicemail tomorrow, is this just a standard ID check etc or is there something unusual with the application?

Anybody else had experience with the process? I emailed in pay slips but now have to return their voicemail tomorrow, is this just a standard ID check etc or is there something unusual with the application?

I got approved almost immediately.

I applied, and was waiting for them to ask for payslips and the like. Next thing I know the cards have arrived in the mail! Not sure if they still had my details on file from my last card, but that would have been when there was the last NAB offer (would have thought 12 months ago at least?)

Would VEDA have provided them with some additional insight? Either way, I am closer to 35K QFF points. Now to get some shopping from Woolworths and pay with giftcards (still) and hold off around $1.27 (random figure) to put on one of these cards.

What's the minimum income requirement for Gold and Platinum respectively?

Also how does the travel insurance compare to the Amex Plat primary cardholder deal?

Be careful with any comp insurance deal unless you are versed in reviewing T&Cs.

While I have always qual for card ins I always take a separate TID policy out in case of the big one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back