NAB Gold 100 QFF points per transaction bonus offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelk

Intern
Hi All,

I have a NAB Gold MC/Amex that came with my homeloan. Had it since around May and used it once in July for a $55 purchase as it has a relatively low earn rate for QFF points, equating to a maximum of 1pt/$1 on AMEX and .67pt/$1 on MC.

In October I got the following letter offering a bonus 100 QFF points per transaction. My partner got the same letter, but the offer on the right was for an additional card holder for free (as they use the card).

The T&C's did not have a cap or limit on the number of transactions and I didnt post this until it all went through in case there were any issues, as the Fraud team rang twice during the 6 weeks I was using the card due to the unusual locations and high volume of transactions.

Anyway points posted this week, NAB reckon 1,010 transactions. I thought 1,016 but not going to quibble ;)

So for michaelk, 6 weeks of using the card for low value purchases - total spend under $4,500 and 101,000 extra FF points.

If you have this card and dont need to use it regularly, maybe hold off and see if this offer gets sent your way.

NAB Offer.jpg

T&C (800 x 600).jpg

My balance sheet

FF Earn a.jpg

Michael Chaney did not mention this at the Annual General Meeting last week that he chaired.
i came to the conclusion that he lacks banking savvy and should walk the plank sooner rather than later.
Well done michaelk those points fitted nicely in your account with Qantas.

I got a similar offer for the nab velocity card, with almost the same method of spend. I got it early last year, put one spend in to get the first spend points bonus, then parked the card for a few months. After about 3 months, I got a similar letter offering 100 velocity points per tx, and so I did some transaction runs. Tried to use the tips given for the earlier AMEX transaction runs, though I got sick of shopping so much after a few weeks and could only manage about 450 tx. 45k points delivered on the next statement after end of spend period.

Wow,

I could see my point balance boom if I had that offer.

Some Jasa's and you could be WP pretty easly.

Wow! I can imagine being at coles checkout at 10pm at nite self checkout out each item in separate transaction!

want, want, want
I am sitting on this card thinking of ditching it and applying for the platinum and getting the sign on benefits. But OMG I am hanging on for this one. Thanks for the post :)

I've just been approved to get this card within the next week or so.... Will use it twice to get the bonus 18k points for opening it, then will let it fester until some time I get an offer for 100 points per transaction! :shock: :cool: :evil: :mrgreen: :rolleyes:

I've just been approved to get this card within the next week or so.... Will use it twice to get the bonus 18k points for opening it, then will let it fester until some time I get an offer for 100 points per transaction! :shock: :cool: :evil: :mrgreen: :rolleyes:

cross fingers for both of us.
LOL I wonder if they will still offer it ;)

I've got a platinum NAB card and received this offer too (I'd post a link or images, but I don't have enough posts on AFF to do so). Gotta find a way to make lots of small transactions, without the card being blocked for fraudulent activity.

Is this offer a selective / random one as I did not receive any such offer being a Plat Card holder for many years ?

Only to those with inactive cards ?

I've got a platinum NAB card and received this offer too (I'd post a link or images, but I don't have enough posts on AFF to do so). Gotta find a way to make lots of small transactions, without the card being blocked for fraudulent activity.

Add $1 or so to your paypal account mutiple times.

Add $1 or so to your paypal account mutiple times.

I would tread with caution. Such actions got people suspended from the Amex Promo.

If you mean pay a bill by splitting into multiple small tx, then that could well leave you open to getting nothing as I would imagine that the cards general T&C for the points would have some wording about reasonable use, or the like.

I would tread with caution. Such actions got people suspended from the Amex Promo.

If you mean pay a bill by splitting into multiple small tx, then that could well leave you open to getting nothing as I would imagine that the cards general T&C for the points would have some wording about reasonable use, or the like.

yep, and did you see the original post in this thread? :) The THEN T and C had no restrictions. Maybe they have changed them? But who knows how they make this sort of stuff up.

Regards

(PS I would love this offer. I have also told SWMBO to carefully examine any NAB correspondence)

Had NAB Plat since October, maybe the fact I've actually put about $6k+ through the card already means I'm too high volume to warrant it.

Had NAB Plat since October, maybe the fact I've actually put about $6k+ through the card already means I'm too high volume to warrant it.

Same. And I've put at least double that through so unless they screw up we're gonna be out if luck I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back