MyCard fee and points changes from 1 October 2026

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3v
  • Start date Start date
Can I get everyone’s thoughts? Given the lack of communication, if you hold the Premier, what would you do transfer your points out now, or retain and hope you receive the top-up?
 
Can I get everyone’s thoughts? Given the lack of communication, if you hold the Premier, what would you do transfer your points out now, or retain and hope you receive the top-up?
Transferred out the lot recently to get 20% bonus.
 
I missed the last autotransfer - if we do it now will we get the 20% or nothing if it goes in Oct 15?
Nothing I suspect.

Having said that, I too missed out (insufficient balance) but got an email (possibly mistakenly) after making a manual transfer saying "Your transfer this month has unlocked your 15% bonus Velocity Points on all your manual transfers during August and September." This was despite not having made any transfers in August. Hopefully a 15% bonus will come, but if not I can at least rest easy that very few points will be affected by the forthcoming devaluation.
 
Thanks everyone.

MyCard Rewards complaint update -

I’ve now received a response from MyCard Customer Resolutions after raising concerns about the upcoming Rewards changes.

To be clear, my complaint wasn’t about the changes themselves, but the lack of information being provided about them.

I specifically asked how the Premier one-off points adjustment would be calculated, what the new Flybuys and Velocity transfer rate would be for primer and whether there were any other changes that hadn’t been communicated.

Unfortunately, the response basically confirms that they don’t know yet.

They’ve confirmed the points adjustment will be based on your balance as at 1 October, but they can’t provide the methodology or even an estimate of what customers will receive.

They also don’t currently know the new Flybuys or Velocity transfer rate for premier, though it is strongly suggest 3:1 for velocity across both card types.

Flybuys new rate will only become available once the changes take effect.

The rewards team do not have this information. I asked how will the technical team know what to change the rates to when they make changes on 1st October to the portal. She said they will be told, but it’s not yet known. She said you won’t know until you login on 2 October to see the new rates.

I also asked about any other unannounced changes and was told they aren’t aware of any beyond those already communicated.

So, essentially, some key details won’t be known until the changes actually happen.

That was exactly the issue I was raising. It’s difficult for customers to make informed decisions about their points when important details aren’t available beforehand.

Hopefully the outstanding information is provided before 1 October but highly doubt it.
 
There's a table on the changes site showing that at least the base card is going from 2.5:1 to a 3:1 ratio. It's not an outright confirmation that the Premier card will also change to the 3:1 ratio, but to me it strongly suggests that it will. Especially combined with the other evidence you've already noted.
Velocity website seems to confirm 3:1 rate for all MyCard cards

 

Attachments

  • IMG_7619.jpeg
    IMG_7619.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 7
Velocity website seems to confirm 3:1 rate for all MyCard cards

Though I suppose, any points balance as at 30 Sep moving over into October will get adjusted to the new conversion rate such that the VFF points ends up being the same?
 
They will be adjusted, but the adjustment factor is unknown - it could match, or be more or less than, the 50% increase in points required to transfer to VFF for Premier cards.
Though I suppose, any points balance as at 30 Sep moving over into October will get adjusted to the new conversion rate such that the VFF points ends up being the same?
 
Damn what a schmozzle. Are people transferring before the deadline to avoid rolling the dice on what the adjustment factor will be?
 
Damn what a schmozzle. Are people transferring before the deadline to avoid rolling the dice on what the adjustment factor will be?
I cleared mine. I don't trust NAB to not screw this up (or us over for that matter).
 
I've just been approved for a MyCard Rewards card a few days ago and I chose the below offer - I'm hoping that when I meet the spend criteria that the sign-up bonus will remain the same (60k VFF pts via Autoredemption from 150k MyCard rewards points, then another 30k VFF points at anniversary).

Rewards Credit Card | Points, and Travel - MyCard

1790751438767.png

Also, it seems that the earn rates are actually going up - ie. you're getting more points per dollar spent from tomorrow onwards (but just the ratio to transfer to VFF worsens / increases to 3:1):

1790751533008.png
 
Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top