Multi city bookings | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Multi city bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,735
Flights
My Map
Notice the booking form on the home page of Qantas has gained a link to a Multi City booking page.

Now I just need to figure out why the page has the title HMPA!


Here's the page: HMPA
 
Last edited:

coco50

Active Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
846
oz_mark said:
Notice the booking form on the home page of Qantas has gained a link to a Multi City booking page.
oz_mark said:
Now I just need to figure out why the page has the title HMPA!


Here's the page: HMPA
This is an acronym without all of the vowels describing that class of pax who will achieve membership of the mile high club on completion of the selected flights
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
only good for wholly australian domestic itineraries :(

hope functionality gets extended soon
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,267
Flights
My Map
While the link on the Qantas page is new, the multi-city booking engine has been around for a long time.

It was previously available to agents, but not generally advertised for normal people.

Good to see Qantas pulling rabbits out of the hat again :)

At least it saves on certain surcharges and allows better interlining of flights.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,735
Flights
My Map
Alan in CBR said:
It probably has nothing whatsoever to do with hexamethylphosphoramide, but how many times do you get to reference hexamethylphosphoramide in a post on a frequent flyer forum? :D
Indeed. I googled and got something similar to that! Decided that was not what it was. We could try and work it into our postings somehow.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Alan in CBR said:
It probably has nothing whatsoever to do with hexamethylphosphoramide, but how many times do you get to reference hexamethylphosphoramide in a post on a frequent flyer forum? :D
What it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide? When I saw the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide I felt sure that someone must have intended a topic about hexamethylphosphoramide. If it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide, then what is it about? Maybe a QF IT person has hexamethylphosphoramide? Or maybe they have the same initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? Wouldnt it be a coincidence if they both had hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? I wonder how many people have hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials of the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide?

To get this post about hexamethylphosphoramide back on topic, how many cities did the person with hexamethylphosphoramide fly to and was it on QF?
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,735
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
What it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide? When I saw the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide I felt sure that someone must have intended a topic about hexamethylphosphoramide. If it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide, then what is it about? Maybe a QF IT person has hexamethylphosphoramide? Or maybe they have the same initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? Wouldnt it be a coincidence if they both had hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? I wonder how many people have hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials of the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide?

To get this post about hexamethylphosphoramide back on topic, how many cities did the person with hexamethylphosphoramide fly to and was it on QF?
Are you allowed to take hexamethylphosphoramide aboard in your hand luggage?
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
Someone is going to use Google to search for hexamethylphosphoramide and they will ver surprised to end up surfing an Australian FF forum :rolleyes:.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
NM said:
Someone is going to use Google to search for hexamethylphosphoramide and they will ver surprised to end up surfing an Australian FF forum :rolleyes:.
You don't think AFF is a natural home for hexamethylphosphoramide?

oz_mark said:
kiwi flyer said:
What it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide? When I saw the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide I felt sure that someone must have intended a topic about hexamethylphosphoramide. If it isnt about hexamethylphosphoramide, then what is it about? Maybe a QF IT person has hexamethylphosphoramide? Or maybe they have the same initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? Wouldnt it be a coincidence if they both had hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials as the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide? I wonder how many people have hexamethylphosphoramide and the initials of the abbreviation for hexamethylphosphoramide?

To get this post about hexamethylphosphoramide back on topic, how many cities did the person with hexamethylphosphoramide fly to and was it on QF?
Are you allowed to take hexamethylphosphoramide aboard in your hand luggage?
You probably are allowed to take hexamethylphosphoramide in your checked luggage, and take hexamethylphosphoramide in your carry on if not travelling to/from or through US, UK, Philippines, India or Canada. However to carry hexamethylphosphoramide you must have a prescription for hexamethylphosphoramide from your doctor.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
You don't think AFF is a natural home for hexamethylphosphoramide?
AFF might not be a natural home for hexamethylphosphoramide, but with the number of times we have mentioned hexamethylphosphoramide in this thread, I expect any future Google search for hexamethylphosphoramide will surely have this treat near the top of the results :rolleyes:.

Oh well, perhaps the future hexamethylphosphoramide searcher can learn something about travel at the same time :D.
 

Alan in CBR

Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
308
NM said:
Oh well, perhaps the future hexamethylphosphoramide searcher can learn something about travel at the same time :D.
Could be a good opportunity to tap into the much neglected Frequent Flying Organic Chemist market.

Something tells me there are a number of posters on this thread who are extremely grateful for the cut-and-paste function on their computers!

hexamethylphosphoramide hexamethylphosphoramide hexamethylphosphoramide hexamethylphosphoramide

Yay for ctrl-v!
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
Alan in CBR said:
Something tells me there are a number of posters on this thread who are extremely grateful for the cut-and-paste function on their computers!
I just hope the first person who typed in hexamethylphosphoramide actually spelled it correctly :p.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,735
Flights
My Map
NM said:
I just hope the first person who typed in hexamethylphosphoramide actually spelled it correctly :p.
or copy-pasted it correctly from the Google search results page.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
or copy-pasted it correctly from the Google search results page.
hehehe.

So which word in the English language is most often spelled incorrectly?

[Question courtesy of Dave Noble, so he is not allowed to answer :p.]

Hint, its not hexamethylphosphoramide.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
NM said:
hehehe.

So which word in the English language is most often spelled incorrectly?

[Question courtesy of Dave Noble, so he is not allowed to answer :p.]

Hint, its not hexamethylphosphoramide.
dumbell by proportion, or receive by count.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,735
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
dumbell by proportion, or receive by count.
I would have thought your answer would vary depending on what you sampled to get your result. I do know that "misspell" is a word that is spelled wrong fairly often.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,218
NM said:
So which word in the English language is most often spelled incorrectly?
My guess would be separate! Write or rong?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,976
Messages
1,895,664
Members
49,819
Latest member
MasonRuzgas
Top