MR to Krisflyer now quoted as "up to 15 days" -- is this new? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

MR to Krisflyer now quoted as "up to 15 days" -- is this new?

umberloidster

Just jumped on to Amex to move some Membership Rewards points to Krisflyer, and it's now stating that it will take "up to 15 business days" for the points transfer to go through.

I put some across last month, and I'm sure it said "3-4 business days". The transfer went through within 24 hours.

Has there been an announcement about an increase in processing time? It seems like quite an abrupt hike in expectations!

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
This is the first I've heard of transfers from Membership Rewards to KrisFlyer taking "up to 15 business days". It used to be much less.

Curiously, ANZ Rewards to KrisFlyer is also now "up to 15 business days".

daft009

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
My last few transfers pre June 30 all took only 24hrs to show up.

Definitely new

whughes3

Qantas
Platinum
I seem to recall that the website has always said something like this; maybe it is just a backstop clause to protect them in case of problems. In practice, over a very long time, my MR transfers have almost always taken no more than a day.

umberloidster

Welp, whatever the change, the miles have already posted.

So I'd assume that unless the 15 business day thing is "coming soon", it is indeed just covering their collective backsides in case of delay.

Weird.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Does anyone know if any more banks have also now changed this to "up to 15 business days"? I just tried to have a look for Westpac Altitude, St George Amplify, Citi Rewards, Diners Club and NAB Rewards but none of these provide an estimated transfer time on their websites.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samzike