MR to Krisflyer now quoted as "up to 15 days" -- is this new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umberloidster

Intern
Just jumped on to Amex to move some Membership Rewards points to Krisflyer, and it's now stating that it will take "up to 15 business days" for the points transfer to go through.

I put some across last month, and I'm sure it said "3-4 business days". The transfer went through within 24 hours.

Has there been an announcement about an increase in processing time? It seems like quite an abrupt hike in expectations!

This is the first I've heard of transfers from Membership Rewards to KrisFlyer taking "up to 15 business days". It used to be much less.

Curiously, ANZ Rewards to KrisFlyer is also now "up to 15 business days".

My last few transfers pre June 30 all took only 24hrs to show up.

Definitely new

I seem to recall that the website has always said something like this; maybe it is just a backstop clause to protect them in case of problems. In practice, over a very long time, my MR transfers have almost always taken no more than a day.

Welp, whatever the change, the miles have already posted.

So I'd assume that unless the 15 business day thing is "coming soon", it is indeed just covering their collective backsides in case of delay.

Weird.

Does anyone know if any more banks have also now changed this to "up to 15 business days"? I just tried to have a look for Westpac Altitude, St George Amplify, Citi Rewards, Diners Club and NAB Rewards but none of these provide an estimated transfer time on their websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back