MHupgrade - can now bid for upgrades before flight | Page 9 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

MHupgrade - can now bid for upgrades before flight

MH_fan

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Prices for upgrading between SYD and KUL have gone up significantly. Minimum bids are now over AUD600!

Prices for upgrading between SYD and KUL have gone up significantly. Minimum bids are now over AUD600!
For all dates? When is your flight?

Kinda weird given they are selling z class to Asia ex KUL for 2.5k ish return

Also... the cabins are pretty much empty 1, 2 months out

AndyMelb

I flew MEL-KUL in March and the offered upgrades were over AUD $600. I'm flying MEL-KUL next Tuesday, booked in June, and again the offered upgrades were over AUD $600.

MH_fan

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
For all dates? When is your flight?

Kinda weird given they are selling z class to Asia ex KUL for 2.5k ish return

Also... the cabins are pretty much empty 1, 2 months out
Pretty much. Anything above 600 isn't worth it, IMO. 500 is probably the max that I'd be prepared to pay.

trippin_the_rift

AFF Supporter
MH use Plusgrade, and it's reasonably public knowledge that the Plusgrade system adds a weighting multiplier for elite members. It also de-prioritizes you if you've had multiple successful upgrade bids in the past.

So if you are Emerald, a $550 bid may actually be viewed as $600 when compared to a non-OW elite member bid.

Check out the Plusgrade docs online for info on how their features work... may help you refine your bidding process.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Successful upgrade BNE - KUL for $530.00 off a rather cheap ticket BNE-KUL-BKK and return. I think the bid range was $520 - $840AUD. I received an "up your offer" email a day or so before the upgrade was confirmed, but declined that opportunity. An overnight flight, so hopefully will get some sleep - I will suffer down the back for the daytime return.....

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
A quick report back - I was pre-assigned 5A, but 1D was available, so took that. Seat, while sitting, was OK but a bit short of padding - not exactly luxurious. Sleeping (or trying) was quite uncomfortable. A lump, maybe from the lumbar support, in just the wrong place. Foot room was fine (bulkhead seat) but the window bulkhead seats would have been a bit better, as less "overhang" from the bulkhead.

Food was OK - satays a nice starter. I skipped breakfast (and wasn't aware of the service so must have got some sleep!).

Summary of MAS Business (A330) - OK but not great. Glad I didn't pay too much more than I did.

dvt8

Intern
I've just upgraded on from an economy ticket that earned no Qantas points or status credits. The ticket is now I class which earns as flexible economy. Will I actually earn at this rate or still get nothing?

wandering_fred

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I class on MH is different than (almost all) the Oneworld members in that it is considered an award category and with QFF earns "nothing"

Just wandering
Fred

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I class on MH is different than (almost all) the Oneworld members in that it is considered an award category and with QFF earns "nothing"

Just wandering
Fred
I travelled on a revenue I class ticket in MH CMB-KUL-SIN and earned with QFF as for partner airline business class. It was not an upgrade though.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jam85