membership rewards - enhanced earning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey O'Neill

Established Member
thought I'd start up a threat around what stores provide higher rates of points earning potential

Masters - 2 points
Dan Murphy's Online - 3 points
Supabarn - 3 points

hopefully other's have discovered some more.

Hi,

I have been doing some accommodation bookings through Kaligo.com lately which is a great way to earn points in itself but I discovered they are paying 10 bonus points per dollar. I have no idea when it expires but picked up a very nice 10000 bonus points for a 1000 accommodation stay. If someone can find the full terms would love to know.

And yes these were MR points bonus, not extra miles through Kaligo.

Dale.

Hi,

I have been doing some accommodation bookings through Kaligo.com lately which is a great way to earn points in itself but I discovered they are paying 10 bonus points per dollar. I have no idea when it expires but picked up a very nice 10000 bonus points for a 1000 accommodation stay. If someone can find the full terms would love to know.

Dale.

Very nice tip Dale. Would like to know the T&C so as not to book if it expires. That was in $USD?

Thanks Dale. Never used them before. So you were charged in Aussie Dollars, was there any currency conversion fee at all as I thought Kaligo was a US site? Some sites even though they give you an option to change in $AUD come with a Foreign transaction fee, or what was displayed on checkout is what you got charged. Just checking before I use them.

Thanks Dale. Never used them before. So you were charged in Aussie Dollars, was there any currency conversion fee at all as I thought Kaligo was a US site? Some sites even though they give you an option to change in $AUD come with a Foreign transaction fee, or what was displayed on checkout is what you got charged. Just checking before I use them.

I believe when I made some bookings via NAB amex card on Kaligo I was charged a forex fee, even though I was billed in AUD

Just checked my Kaligo receipt and the Amex statement and the amounts match exactly. On the Amex statement it says the charge was in AUD but says Kaligo Singapore was the merchant so maybe they have several merchant accounts. But seems there was no foreign fee.

Dale.

thought I'd start up a threat around what stores provide higher rates of points earning potential

Masters - 2 points
Dan Murphy's Online - 3 points
Supabarn - 3 points

hopefully other's have discovered some more.

Interesting.... I have only received 1 point at Masters using Platinum charge card. Which type of Amex are you using?

Interesting.... I have only received 1 point at Masters using Platinum charge card. Which type of Amex are you using?

This will depend on what card you have. The OP probably has a Platinum Edge which earns 3 MR per $ at supermarkets, whereas the Platinum Charge earns 3 at restaurants.

Platinum Edge yields 3 ppd at Big W, so no need to swing past Woolies to buy a Wish gift card first.

Get a wish card at Entertainment book first and get 5% off as well as the 3 points!

Last edited:
are these online cards or do you actually get physical cards from the entertainment book
Both. They have e-gift cards and physical wish cards. The wish cards now attract a postage fee.

I can confirm that my local Dan Murphy instore yields 2PPD on my platinum edge.

BWS Woden in the ACT shows on my Edge statement as Woolworths, yielding 3ppd.

Hi,

Dale.

Thanks for the tip Dale. That seems like an amazing deal! Did you just discover you were getting the bonus points or did someone point you to this deal? I'd love to take advantage of it.

I just tried to do a booking on Kaligo and it will only allow you to earn MR points if using a Amex card and nothing else (as I was trying to get Krisflyer miles) but as soon as I entered my Amex number it said it would earn only MR points and to use a different CC to earn Airline miles. So much for that.

I just tried to do a booking on Kaligo and it will only allow you to earn MR points if using a Amex card and nothing else (as I was trying to get Krisflyer miles) but as soon as I entered my Amex number it said it would earn only MR points and to use a different CC to earn Airline miles. So much for that.

Confirmed. Its either 10 points per $ or use a different CC to earn Airline Miles-

Dear Spizz,Thank you for your email.
We have recently launched a partnership with American Express Australia, wherein if you pay using your Amex card issued in Australia, you will earn 10x Membership Rewards Points per 1 AUD spent. As this is a new partner that we have, it cannot be combined with our promotions with our other airline partners. If you wish to earn with any of our Airline Partners, you may do so by using an alternative credit card to book instead.
Thank you for your kind understanding and please feel free to let me know again if I can be of further assistance.

But always compare rates you obtain from Kaligo with Wego, Trivago, HotelsComibined, using coupons etc as I have found that most times Kaligo is much, more expensive. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back