Making Krisflyer mile award booking with no Passport number - HELP?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer' started by Danieljb, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Danieljb

Danieljb Newbie

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi,

I want to make a booking with Frisfyler miles, I transfer the points I need although my twins that will be travelling with me do not have a passport yet, you cannot add nominee without passport number which is a little strange. I run up Singapore Air and they told me it cannot be done.

Has anyone had the same trouble and is there a work around.

Thanks for you help - I have started the passport application process although I do not want to loose the Business Saver seats.

Dan

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. Cruiser Elite

Cruiser Elite Senior Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melburn
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Dan I think you are screwed til the billy lids get their passports - how far in advance are your intended flt dates?

3. aikman

aikman Member

Sep 19, 2009
    MEL
    I would just make up a passport number and edit it once you have the passport. Worst case is that the check in agent will change it at check in.

Edit: I just checked my redemption nominees and it allows me to edit any of their personal details except for their first and last names.

4. Danieljb

Danieljb Newbie

Oct 9, 2012
    #4 Danieljb, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Hi,

Yeah flights are October next year but looking full, I have thought about making up the passport number to get the ticket and then changing it when the passports arrive. How bad could it get.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice, worked a charm. Tickets booked!!!!

5. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    Make up the passport number, and then change it later.

6. WA flyer

WA flyer Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've also made up a number when I didn't have the passport details to hand.
    With twins, I just hope I'm not on the same flight and sitting near you :(

7. Mark3000

Mark3000 Active Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Were you able to change the passport details online later or did you do it at the airport? Thanks so much

8. mitwg

mitwg Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The passport number shouldn't really matter at all in the booking. It is just a placeholder thing until you actually fly, which is when it starts to matter.

There'd be plenty of cases where you'd book under one passport (legitimately), loose that one, and have the passport number updated on check in since you'd be getting a new number with the new passport.

Nevertheless, you can update the passport details online through the manage booking system, or change it during online check in as well. The only thing you can't change is the passenger names as suggested already.