Made any travel mistakes lately?

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Is it reciprocal? Ie, Aussies have to apply for a UK version before arriving in the UK?
I will be careful how I phrase this!

I believe that Australians heading to EU member countries can obtain a visa on arrival. So when I went to FR last month I still needed a visa, but it was just a stamp in my passport at immigration, no pre-approval.

Geegeela

Is it reciprocal? Ie, Aussies have to apply for a UK version before arriving in the UK?

Generally, Australians travelling to the UK as tourists for a period of up to six months do not require a visa. However, UK authorities can refuse visa-free entry to anyone who they assess is trying to enter the UK for a purpose other than tourism. ... UK Visas and Immigration website.

Here's the full story.
Apply for a UK visa in Australia - GOV.UK

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I will be careful how I phrase this!

I believe that Australians heading to EU member countries can obtain a visa on arrival. So when I went to FR last month I still needed a visa, but it was just a stamp in my passport at immigration, no pre-approval.

It's visa/ETA free for Aussies heading to Europe and the UK.

cove

Enthusiast
Solutions
How much was that per litre? I typically refuel within about 7 miles of the drop off point. In Los Angeles we are reasonably close to all the car hire places.
I avoid Sixt after they changed their rules and required a passport. Have never gone back which is easy when you have so much choice.
I never go straight off the long haul flight to the hire car location as I have drunk the Krug,the icy Vodka and then the French red.

cove

Enthusiast
Solutions
Sounds like you might need a Sixt sense to stay in this thread. A Dollar for your thoughts.

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements