Made any travel mistakes lately? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Made any travel mistakes lately?

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
On a train going out to Western Sydney I am sitting on a seat from hell it is so hard.
I thought about my most recent mistake of booking Novotel Brisbane Airport only to find it was not really at the airport and wondered if others have mistakes they would like to share.
Fortunately the train is an express ride to my destination!

kyle

I booked the Sheraton Mirage at 15% off prepaid rate, then found out a week later it was on Starpicks at 20% off. Does that count?

Happy Trails

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I recently booked a flight departing SIN three hours before my incoming flight arrived.
Was supposed to be leaving the following day.

markis10

Veteran Member
On a train going out to Western Sydney I am sitting on a seat from hell it is so hard.
I thought about my most recent mistake of booking Novotel Brisbane Airport only to find it was not really at the airport and wondered if others have mistakes they would like to share.
Fortunately the train is an express ride to my destination!
Its within the confines of the the airport, just a way away from the terminal.

BVT

I recently booked a flight departing SIN three hours before my incoming flight arrived.
Was supposed to be leaving the following day.
I have done that too!

Luckily, I mistyped my CC details and the booking didn't go through!!

Happy Trails

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Did it cost much to get this fixed?
No, inbound was a JASA and I was able to move that a day earlier at no charge.
I could otherwise have changed the outbound for about $120.

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Ok I am flying to Perth from Sydney to get a flight to Brisbane over this weekend because my Sunday JASA is too convoluted to try to modify and if I did a no show the other flights would fall over.
Markis10 I think of an airport hotel to be where I wheel my bag through the terminal to the hotel. This was a bus ride so I could have stayed in the city. Basically Novotel Brisbane Airport should be renamed to the suburb it is located in.

markis10

Veteran Member
Basically Novotel Brisbane Airport should be renamed to the suburb it is located in.
I am a bit confused, the suburb its located in is Brisbane Airport, as its on airport land??

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
It was a bus ride not a walk so it is not at all what I expected so I had to wait for a bus rather than hoof it 400 metres.

markis10

Veteran Member
It was a bus ride not a walk so it is not at all what I expected so I had to wait for a bus rather than hoof it 400 metres.
No worries, its actually located around 100m from one of the old runways at Eagle Farm.

Fantic125

Established Member
A few weeks ago in Korea, I bought a train ticket to get me from Suwon to Seoul Station. The plan was to walk the 500 metres or so from Seoul Station to the Ramada for an overnight stop over.

It wasn't until I got out at Seoul Station and walked into unfamiliar territory that I discovered on this particular class of train, Seoul Station is actually Seoul Yongsan Station located 3km away from Seoul Central Station...... :oops:

A five minute trip on the Metro soon had me at the correct Seoul Station....:oops:

jetlagger

Established Member
Entered a wrong digit on the PNR for the Bpay option on a JQ sale fare today.... Back to square one.. :oops:

docjames

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Checked into airport hotel at MXP. Walked into room thinking "this (wooden) floor will be incredibly slippery if it got wet".

Next morning, ran out of bathroom to grab phone. Didn't make it, slipped (had that milisecond of horizontal mid-air thinking "this will hurt" - it did!) Head-strike on ground. Fortunately no loss of consciousness but it would have been a pretty gruesome sight if i had and been found dead - you can imagine how much i was wearing. Three day headache followed....

flychrisfly

Flights
My Map
Worst mistake I made was sitting in the wrong seat. I had become one of "those" people I am scathing of who can't even read a boarding pass. Karma is a funny thing...

casanovawa

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Probably the most recent one was last year on a USDM redemption back through BKK with a stay overnight..

Booked a one night stay at a hotel, but only after arriving and seeing no one to pick me up realised i'd booked it for the previous night...

Maca44

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Arrived at Auckland airport about 4.30pm after a liquid lunch for a 1630 departure to Sydney, believing that it was a 6.30pm departure. So, back to the bar and flew the next day.

Simsy85

They have a free shuttle - if you tell them when you book what flight you are on, they'll be waiting at the airport for you... I stay there 90% of the time when I go to BNE and have to O/N to catch the QF flight the next day to DRW.

Actually given the new layout of the BNE Domestic Airport, its probably closer than the taxi rank...

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJP1961