Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Long wait for refund for cancelled reward flights Qantas - a common experience?

suze2000

Flights
My Map
I have had flights for Dec cancelled. In fact, I went to rebook and there were no QF flights at all. Moreover, the automated message their FB messenger person posted to me said the timeframe would be 12 weeks. I don't care about the taxes, I have enough money to cover that. I want the points back so I can rebook with them.

I wish to fly MEL-BNE-BDB and had a nice J points booking. So angry right now as the only option now, apart from flying via SYD is JQ. I hate JQ as there is no legroom and also they have cancelled multiple flights on me, so I vowed never to fly them again.

I do not know how to deal with this. My husband just says I should suck it up and hope that flights resume before Dec, and not to blame the customer service person, but I had made this decision to visit my mother and booked assuming the borders would be open but now I can't figure out how that will be possible.

Last edited:

suze2000

Flights
My Map
Also I looked at their schedules and they are not even flying to DRW at the moment (which was my backup plan), so how do I get up there to quarantine? ARGH ARGH ARGH. My mother is old and has been crying because she hasn't seen me for a year and I thought I had it figured out. :( :( :(

suze2000

Flights
My Map
Decided to rebook with JQ and f'ing cancel again later if something changes (ie, the reinstatement of flights). My mother has her hopes up way high and I really don't want to disappoint her. MrSuze wants to cut out the airlines and road trip there, but he doesn't want to take the same time off as me.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Notyourbag

My international flight on the 1st November was cancelled this morning. Got an email titled 'We've had to make some changes to your flight'

The value of your ticket has been stored as a Flight Credit. Your Flight Credit has an expiry date of 31 December 2022 and you won't be charged any change fees on rebooking. We'll email your Flight Credit details soon, and it will also outline how to access other options available to you (including a refund).

Reactions: DC3

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceHolli