Linking Award and DONE4

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by simongr, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi all
    I have an upcoming DONE4 to which I have added a return trip SYD-BNE. I have a wedding to go to on the Gold Coast and although I know that it would be better to fly to OOL but due to low availability of U seats I am thinking of flying into BNE and driving to Gold Coast (also would mean only 1 day off work for me). The award is going to be for mrssimongr who is AA Plat. In order for us to get seats together is there a way when I book the award flight to link it to my itinerary at that point?
    Cheers
    S

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I believe that if you call QFF they should be able to link the two itineraries so that seats are allocated together. I did this last year flying with Mrs Shano to BNE - me on a paid ticket and her on an award.

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Thanks - I just realised I can try OLCI as well if they cant link them :)

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yep, book the award flight and then match your DONE4 segments to the same flights. Then call Qantas and have them linked.

IIRC, It's called a TCP.

5. vt01

vt01 Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Sydney
    QF just recently linked my DONE4 with a QFF award flight for my daughter and an AA award flight for my wife with one phone call. :D