Lazy FA | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Lazy FA

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
after 3 flight

after 2 flights in exit row listening to the usual blurb the fun factor was lost on us.
Fair enough ... to be honest after nearly 2000 flights, I'd take anything to alleviate the mundane. :)

cqtiger

Intern
Flights
My Map
I have to say that this is a bit poor if true...

What I find odd is there are some here (and I am not one) who have stated that Australian airlines are required to have someone sitting in each exit row section (a minimum of four required on a 738).

Were the OP and wife sitting in two different exit rows? If not, did one exit section go empty? If not, how did the others get briefed?
FYI Wife and i were on the left no one behind us. On the right a single person in each exit row. This was a 3-3 combo. I notice on a 2-3 combo on Fokker 100 it’s only done once

Must...Fly!

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I have to say that this is a bit poor if true...

What I find odd is there are some here (and I am not one) who have stated that Australian airlines are required to have someone sitting in each exit row section (a minimum of four required on a 738).

Were the OP and wife sitting in two different exit rows? If not, did one exit section go empty? If not, how did the others get briefed?
IIRC It depends on the passenger load. <144 the exit rows do not need to be occupied.

Pleb Status

Established Member
AFF Supporter
IIRC It depends on the passenger load. <144 the exit rows do not need to be occupied.
I have been on a few flights where one or more of the exit row sections have been left empty on a 737/320 but there are some here who will not accept that is possible.

The OP confirmed one section was left empty.

juddles

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
My thoughts on this thread are complicated. I see that many have ridiculed the OP. And I get that - it is hardly a difficult thing to jump seats for a few minutes. But when i think about it, it is a really rare concept. I am way too tall, so have sought exit row seats since day one. But despite having flown almost all my Y experiences in an exit row, I have never ever come across a situation as per the OP's. I would guestimate that I have done about 500 flights in Y exit rows. I have seen everything from complete lack of safety blurb to fantastic crew who made the whole thing fun. But getting you to move for the "talk"? Never have I seen that.

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
On a recent flight in the exit row the lazy flight attendant made my wife and me move to the other side while she read the exit row instructions so she didn't have to repeat it twice. Then we moved back to our original seats. I was flabbergasted.

Actually I am more curious, assuming they were 2 rows of 3 seats, as to why the FA had 2 pax move over, rather 1 px move over?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episod ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRH