KUL-SIN lounge crawl 9 June 2019 | Page 10 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

KUL-SIN lounge crawl 9 June 2019

Added to Calendar: 09-06-19

JohnK

AFF Supporter
cyberjaya is middle-o-nowhere at least 20km from KLIA
There is a tune hotel in the city. Also doubletree and aloft are usually under $100 aussie/night and easily accessible
It would appear I'm arriving quite late and would prefer to stay close to airport. The Tune hotel at Aeropolis is going to cost <$20 with Qantas hotel voucher.

I know there's an infrequent shuttle that runs from Tune hotel at KLIA2 but that's first come first serve. Can also get there with 2-3 buses.

I like challenges.

serfty

Flights
My Map
I see that QF36 on the 9th is showing P1 ... maybe an opportunity for some (not for me; I sleep as well on a Skybed as I do in a QF First suite).

Ewing

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Well, Qantas refunded the J fare for all 5 flights including the MH sectors minus the change fee which was excellent especially as I think it was a non-refundable fare so I'm only out $600 which I will claim back from insurance.

Unfortunately I think I now have a lifetime of pat-downs to look forward to when travelling though:
IMG_4136.JPG

I hope you all have a great time. I'll look forward to catching up and making up for this at future events :)

Eija

Ouch Ewing! Wouldn't worry too much about the "pat-downs" I have 10 titanium screws & no machines have gone boing yet. Plus T trumps P1 :D Get well.

Matt_01

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
@Eija same here, lots of screws, but not as many as 10 holding my toes and tibia and fibula together and machine has not gone off.

samh004

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Titanium in my face has also not set anything off... though I've lost about 25% of what they put in over time because my body rejected some ;)

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm back to BA Silver (and qf LTG), will be flying out on BA12. After this trip, will either be 105tp short of BA Gold, or achieve it, assuming I upgrade one of my BA sectors to J and do another flight before then.

So I'll need someone to guest me into the lounges for a change!

Kiwi_Flyer

Flights
My Map
OK so I'm in!
Arriving kul 12.05, departing to sin 619 @ 14.20 before flying back to London @23.15 on BA.
Thanks to @trippin_the_rift for the nudge!
I'm back to BA Silver (and qf LTG), will be flying out on BA12. After this trip, will either be 105tp short of BA Gold, or achieve it, assuming I upgrade one of my BA sectors to J and do another flight before then.

So I'll need someone to guest me into the lounges for a change!
Are you on MH614 SIN-KUL on 9th? If so I can help with lounges before & after that flight.

Reactions: Mal

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Grimstead

Currently Active Users