Krisflyer now redemption partner of Citibank rewards (Gold and Platinum only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Fantastic News! Now Krisflyer is a redemption partner for Citibank Rewards for Australian Gold and Platinum cardholders only!

This is what I got from email from Krisflyer:

KrisFlyer Announces A New Program Partner
citiB_4C_Blue.jpg

KrisFlyer welcomes Citibank as a points conversion partner from 01 July 2008. Citibank Gold and Platinum Cardholders can redeem Citi Reward points* for KrisFlyer miles at a rate of 1.5 Citi Reward points to 1 KrisFlyer mile. Accumulating miles in the KrisFlyer program has never been easier with every $1 spent on a Citi Platinum or Gold Card accumulating 1 Citi Reward point.

Citi Reward points can be redeemed for KrisFlyer miles for free! You can redeem your Citi Reward points for KrisFlyer miles simply by calling 13 24 84. Citibank Platinum Cardholders can redeem points by calling 1800 818 008.

*Terms and Conditions
Rewards are subject to the Citibank Rewards Terms and Conditions, which can be found at Citibank Australia. Minimum Transfer is 15,000 Citi Reward points which is equal to 10,000 KrisFlyer miles. A Citibank Cardholder must be a member of KrisFlyer Program to redeem Reward points for KrisFlyer miles.
© 2008 Citigoup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098. Citibank, Citi, Citi never sleeps and Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

spacer.gif

They also makes a slight change in their website:

Singapore Airlines

And when I login to Citibank Rewards website:

citi_kris_flyer.jpg
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Program
Gold and Platinum Citi Rewards Cardholders can now transfer points into the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program at a rate of 1.5 Reward points to 1 KrisFlyer mile. Minimum Transfer is 15,000 Citi Reward points which is equal to 10,000 KrisFlyer miles.

To redeem call us on 13 24 84 or 1800 818 008 if you are a Platinum Cardholder.
Terms & Conditions
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Program
Participation in KrisFlyer miles conversion program is subject to the terms and conditions of the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program. Full details can be found at krisflyer.com. All KrisFlyer miles transferred by the Primary Cardholder must be to his/her own individual KrisFlyer account bearing his/her own name. Cancellations and change of redemption will not be allowed once KrisFlyer miles conversion request is accepted by Citibank.

This is great news....interesting timing with the changes to the QF program:D. Gives a great alternative to converting to QF pts.

When combined with NO FEE FOR LIFE Gold Card offer this is making this card the best Visa/Mastercard for rewards:

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/com...program/citibank-gold-no-annual-fee-7874.html

Whilst the redemption rate for Krisflyer is not as good as Qantas, I still think with the devaluation of Qantas frequent flyers points it is still worth while putting all the points to Krisflyer .......... May someone do some calculations?

Great news....

And very good for me personally as I have some "legacy" Westpac Altitude points (which can also go to SQ or QF) left over from before I started using Citibank...plus my Amex Maximiser.

So pooling all three gives me a quite sizable award now...:)

For the future I can "keep" points stored on Citibank and Amex...and take advantage of any "specials" that either SQ or QF may have.

However at present more attractive burn rates and better availability on SQ have it front.

It is good to have choice and flexibility though.

Last edited:
This is great news. I have a Citibank Gold card and a QF Amex Premium card.
I reckon I'll cancel the QF Amex and get a Rewards Maximiser instead.

With the latest "enhancements" to the QFF program, I'll be doing the same as lovetravellingoz and storing the points in the CC programs and deciding when and where to use them rather than my current practice of just putting them straight into QFF.

The increase in options for transferring points to SQ is interesting. I wonder if it is being driven by SQ or by the card providers. Both have possible strategic reasons for driving this.

The increase in options for transferring points to SQ is interesting. I wonder if it is being driven by SQ or by the card providers. Both have possible strategic reasons for driving this.

I would think it is being driven by SQ. Australia is a lucrative market, and they are wanting increased access to the Australian market and have been for many years (they wanted to start running the trans-Pacific OZ-US routes, for example).

I wrote to Citibank about this a while ago - I am REALLY pleased to see that they've come through with this. The rate of 0.66 points per dollar is better than Altitude Rewards (.5 Krisflyer points per dollar) and combined with my Amex which gives me 1.5 Krisflyer points per dollar, I now have my new credit card frequent flyer program. Krisflyer will likely become my preferred *A program (instead of United Mileage Plus) now.

Thinking SQ might be a good way to go, at least from a redemption perspective, and somewhere to put CC points to get same.

Did my first redemption to SQ a few days ago. Can only redeem by phone. I was incorrectly advised that since I was requesting over the phone rather than using the web I would be charged 2500 points for the service. I queried this and after a short wait I was advised that since it is not possible to redeem on the web that I would not be charged after all. Points took from last friday till today (thursday) to hit the Krisflyer account.

It isn't worth having a citibank card anymore, the fees negate the miserly small amount of points you can earn in a year, which transfer at smaller and smaller values. They lowered the cashback refund by 25% without notification. I found that the value of my considerable balance suddenly dropped by 25% when I asked for cash back , so I complained and was credited over $1,000 to my credit card. If I had not complained I would have been gipped by that amount. CB put out all this hoopla about tailored rewards, but you would now have to use the card for 5 years to its maximum without redeeming anything to get a half decent reward:evil:, by that time, who knows if citibank will even exist!! Subtract the fees and I reckon a free Virgin Blue card may probably be beter value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back