Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

KP booted from QF lounge for wearing thongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Fair is fair, least I'll wear is sandals (will they give you access?), but I usually dress up to travel, not down (which I consider thongs to be).

dalereardon

Its a crazy rule that needs changing. I wear sandals and am told that is fine but thongs really aren't much different.

Go back to the smart casual rule and look at the whole person's attire rather than just their thongs.

My feet swell up with long haul travel and even when in the premium cabins I normally only wear sandals for comfort.

Dale.

opusman

Yes it does seem crazy, I'm not sure why sandals would be ok and thongs not when the difference is often just a thin strap of leather.

flying_duck

Flights
My Map
The main argument sandals vs thongs is about attachment to the foot. Even the most casual workplaces I have been in, require the shoe to be attached to the foot for 2 reasons. 1) In an evacuation, they don't become a hazard 2) For aesthetics, they don't make the slap slap slap noise which draws attention to someones basically bare feet. No idea if there is any studies to support (1).

Also, anecdotally notice most people when they wear thongs drag their feet (myself included), which looks, frankly, Neanderthal. Not exactly the classy look they're wanting to attract to their premium lounges.

D

Deleted member 29185

Truly wonderful news. Ban thongs (foot variety) from everywhere except the beach and communal showers. Anyone who thinks thongs are even a half decent choice of aircraft footwear is delusional (IMHO of course)! ;)

Milefest

Sounds like another DYKWIA pax that thinks they're special enough to not have to abide by the rules.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Truly wonderful news. Ban thongs (foot variety) from everywhere except the beach and communal showers. Anyone who thinks thongs are even a half decent choice of aircraft footwear is delusional (IMHO of course)! ;)
You say it so nicely. :mrgreen:

Warks

Established Member
New president of the Anti-Thong League!

Seriously how does anyone put up with that lump of rubber between their toes? I used to wear them as a kid but years later tried to wear them (just for campground shower purposes) and the pain!

If you can wear thongs I'm sure bare feet should be okay too. We'd love to see that.

opusman

A bloke in the BNE J lounge yesterday had no trouble getting in with thongs, though maybe it was the two full sleeves of tattoos that distracted the lounge dragon from his feet.

spudseamus

Funny how in a pub lounge a guy is refused entry for wearing thongs but a woman can stick some sequins on a pair and all is ok !

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16