KLM matching Status | Page 6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

KLM matching Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archphoto

Established Member
Flights
My Map
And I just got mine about 30 seconds ago.

Seems it has been a very popular scheme - great way to poach possible elites from other airlines, who are rather dissatisfied with their current carrier of choice . . . . . .

Timba-Jet

Got the same email as well, 8 hours after getting the status match email :eek:.
Also showing as Flying Blue Austria!

elbarto

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I can stop panicking now as I got my status match this afternoon. About an hour after I got that I got the Flying Blue Austria one saying sorry for the wait too.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I received an email last night thanking me for applying. It went onto say they'd get back soon but there was a huge number of applicants to sort through..

Grooba

Established Member
I received an email last night thanking me for applying. It went onto say they'd get back soon but there was a huge number of applicants to sort through..
Yep I have also been sent the same email.

drmikki

Hmmm... I should become QF Gold in 2 weeks after SC run to CNS... I wonder if I emailed KLM if they would match me to that, particularly as given the current delays they may not have processed my Silver match by then....

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Hmmm... I should become QF Gold in 2 weeks after SC run to CNS... I wonder if I emailed KLM if they would match me to that, particularly as given the current delays they may not have processed my Silver match by then....
If I recall correctly, the match ended at the end of March, though there’s no harm in asking, even though I’m sure your email would go to a different department than to where they’re going through matches.

The problem would be you’d still have to prove this status in the same way you proved you were Silver, with a photo of your card, which is likely to be 5 weeks away at this stage (2 + 3).

jdlover23

If I recall correctly, the match ended at the end of March, though there’s no harm in asking, even though I’m sure your email would go to a different department than to where they’re going through matches.

The problem would be you’d still have to prove this status in the same way you proved you were Silver, with a photo of your card, which is likely to be 5 weeks away at this stage (2 + 3).
Still worth a shot, I got the sorry waiting email too, which I'm not concerned about as I won't b in Europe until September. I had just given my PG to my mum when this promo came out so sent in for her on a screen shot of her new Gold status, will no doubt get a sorry not valid email back, but now she has her actually card now, will be armed with an email address to write back to and a photo of her card, will see what happens I guess. She flys to Paris quite a bit on mixed QF and AirFrance J fares so this will be most beneficial for her

Timtammi

Flights
My Map
I had qualified for WP but not received my new card by the time I had to apply for the status match. I sent a screen shot of my QFF account showing my WP status with an explanation that I had not received my new card yet. We will see what happens, I have received the "sorry for the wait email" too.

dfcatch

Established Member
Got the "Sorry for the wait" email....

Then this afternoon received a Congratulations You Are Platinum email..... All in German mind-you!!!

Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut aber Google-Translater ist perfekt!!

ozmille

Established Member
Dear Mr. OzMille,

Congratulations !

You are now a Flying Blue Gold member, thanks to your Elite Status Match.

AIR FRANCE and KLM are delighted to inform you that your Flying Blue membership has been upgraded to Gold level. You will receive your new membership card over the next few weeks.

However you can take advantage of all the benefits offered by your Gold membership right now, simply by stating your Flying Blue membership number. As a Gold member, you enjoy a 75% Elite Mileage Bonus on all your flights, priority treatment and lot more.

To discover more about the benefits of your new membership level, why not visit the Flying Blue section on Airfrance or KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Comprehensive Travel Planning Site, and go to “membership benefits”.

Looking forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Yours sincerely,

Isabelle Birem

Director Flying Blue
Just came in! 75% elite miles isn't bad...

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Got my first 'offer’s email' from them today, and it’s not bad I guess, though I had specifically requested in my preferences, no mailings…

Hot summer fares from A$1490
Admittedly that’s Perth to Amsterdam. But not much more from SYD or MEL.

This was interesting though, for anyone that missed out on the match:

Not a Flying Blue member yet? Enrol today!
Be the first to receive our exclusive promotions and special Flying Blue offers.
Enrol to Flying Blue and earn 5,000 Welcome Bonus Miles. All you have to do is to enrol online and fill in the promotion code AUS1 in the promotional code box in the enrolment form.

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Thanks Tuppaware, now to book a flight on AF or KLM this year.

"You are now a Flying Blue Platinum member, thanks to your Elite Status Match."

Princess Fiona

Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Thanks Tuppaware, now to book a flight on AF or KLM this year.

"You are now a Flying Blue Platinum member, thanks to your Elite Status Match."
My status match also came through this afternoon. Thanks also to Tuppaware :D
Now what's the AFF acronym for Flying Blue Platinum? FB WP, AF WP, KL WP or should I just update my profile to "Status Chaser" ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarketing