KLM business class? Or CX Premium Economy

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by flip27, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. flip27

flip27 Newbie

Feb 11, 2009
    My parents are looking to fly ex Per to Ams. They normally fly QF but since they no longer fly ex Per internationally and they do not like EK there are not many options left.

KLM have a good business class fare in combination with SQ ex Per but cannot find any recent reviews of their product. Just wondering if anyone has travelled recently or knows what it is like? The other option is premium economy on CX but also cannot find any recent reviews on this as well.

Their budget does not extend to SQ business class and I need a reasonable level of comfort for them as my mum is in remission from ovarian cancer. She has just undergone 6mths of intensive chemo, normally I would not recommend them to do this trip but they booked a cruise last year before she was diagnosed and this could be their last big trip.

Can anyone have an opinion on these airlines and the options.

Thanks

2. artemis

artemis Member

Aug 14, 2010
    no idea about the cabin classes, but i wanted to wish your parents a happy and successful trip. please make sure that they have appropriate travel insurance - i'm sure you've thought of that, but i'd hate for something to go wrong with your mum and treatment overseas to cost a fortune!

3. flip27

flip27 Newbie

Feb 11, 2009
    Thanks for kind wishes, but unfortunately travel insurance is a big problem as we cannot get cover for pre existing illness. But hopefully they will cover her for everything else.

4. MEL_Traveller

MEL_Traveller Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2005
    Melbourne, AU
    Re: Rumour:[Denied by RR] Qantas to ban JQ SYD-MEL pax from F lounges & send to J lou

KLM business class is just fine. there is no comparison with CX premium economy.

if you go to the KLM site you will see their current business class offering. and you can also google 'trip report KLM' and you will find some information.

5. gupayami

gupayami Junior Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Canberra
    Re: Rumour:[Denied by RR] Qantas to ban JQ SYD-MEL pax from F lounges & send to J lou

Especially if part of the trip is on SQ in J - it doesn't get much better than that.

6. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth

The 330 is the Regional product (akin to the VA Domestic J in the 330's). I would imagine that the 772's are the same.

Don't get me wrong, however it isn't SQ's best offering (hard product atleast).

7. opusman

opusman Established Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne

Definitely KLM J.

8. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    Re: Re: KLM business class? Or CX Premium Economy

As a general rule, J>PE>Y

• Like Like x 1
  9. koonyaflyer

koonyaflyer Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Melbourne
    Flew the KLM business on Friday. Impressive service, good seats, good IFE ...would definitely fly them again.
    I fly around 10 J trips per year across 3 major airlines, so was interested to see what KLM was like ...they stacked up well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SYD

SYD Member

Oct 5, 2009
    SYD
    Where are you seeing the SQ option with KLM? They normally code share with MH through KUL. A dummy booking comes up as $5277 ex PER in July/Aug. Some KUL - AMS are MH code shares also. Garuda is about $4500 (one stop) but I'd personally go with KL/MH (or SQ).

KLM also have some return options through Abu Dhabi using Etihad codeshare on AUH to PER.

if the price is comparable, definitely J over PE. You get lounge access along the way also. Not all PE services give that.

11. flip27

flip27 Newbie

Feb 11, 2009
    Thanks everyone, we are going to go with KLM. I really appreciate all your advice.

12. clazman

clazman Established Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On CP premium economy my bug bear was the seat along side me was empty and i couldn't lift up the arm rest on the (HK - Toronto route)