KF Spontaneous Escapes | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

KF Spontaneous Escapes

LadyC

AFF Supporter
Nice one! Did you get an email from Krisflyer about this? Or do they do these promotions regularly?

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thanks for sharing. As always MEL is missing from the list of AU destinations :mad:, but ex-SIN some interesting options for me to consider.

Pleb Status

AFF Supporter
Nice one! Did you get an email from Krisflyer about this? Or do they do these promotions regularly?
I received an email from KF this afternoon and got onto it straight away.

This is the second time they have done this promotion. The last time was for travel in November 2017.

30% off = J SYD-SIN SQ252 40,600KF 17–30 Nov 2017

Getting a discount on J redemptions is great value...

RoMambai

Just squeezed in a CGK - SYD J redemption for 45,000 before it closed. Wasn't planning on heading to Jakarta for a long weekend but I suppose one spontaneous gesture deserves another...

SponsorSFC

Looks like the first of the new post devaluation Spontaneous Escapes are up for bookings in March 2019

KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes | Book flights from Australia

20K in J to SIN from Perth is good value but limited options. MEL & SYD are 28K each way.

Lot's of pretty cheap Y redemptions to a range of destinations.

PER to Europe for 21,500 KF seems good value (not that I plan on taking long haul Y)

Last edited:

Myrna

A question: we redeemed points (months ago) for return trip SIN-SYD in Y this May. Now we see this new promo and would like to cancel the Y trip in May for J trip in March.
1. Is there any penalty in cancelling an award trip?
2. Do the points get redeposited and taxes refunded, before we can book a new award trip? Or, can the dates and cabin class be changed for an award booking?
3. Can we do this online? Or, do we have to call SQ? We are in the UK, so do we call the UK office or SQ office in Singapore?
Sorry, am a bit green with SQ program. Any reply would be appreciated. TIA.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I recently changed the date for the same route on a reward trip. Although the route was the same I switched from a saver to an advantage fare so there were more miles to pay.
I kept the same PNR. The fee was USD 25.
I usually Skype the SIN office by calling my local office. As you are in the UK you could try calling the UK office.

Myrna

I recently changed the date for the same route on a reward trip. Although the route was the same I switched from a saver to an advantage fare so there were more miles to pay.
I kept the same PNR. The fee was USD 25.
I usually Skype the SIN office by calling my local office. As you are in the UK you could try calling the UK office.
Thanks, get me outta here, for your quick reply.
I have phoned SQ office in the UK and this was what they said:
1. we would have to cancel the existing booking, miles will be redeposited within 7 days, taxes will be refunded within 7 days. The fee US$70.
2. after the miles are back in the account, we can make the new booking online (by that time, the award seats will disappear :()
3. we just want to change the travel dates (from May to March). The miles will be the same (Y in May = J in March) but the cabin class will change from Y to J. Should we call again and see if we can get an agent who can do this, without requiring us to cancel the existing booking and make a new booking (we don't have any point left to make the new booking)?

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I’d call the SIN number skype.

EDIT : Here's the phone number from Aus to SIN which patches through to SIN 61 2 8228 1188.

Thanks, get me outta here, for your quick reply.
I have phoned SQ office in the UK and this was what they said:
1. we would have to cancel the existing booking, miles will be redeposited within 7 days, taxes will be refunded within 7 days. The fee US$70.
2. after the miles are back in the account, we can make the new booking online (by that time, the award seats will disappear :()
3. we just want to change the travel dates (from May to March). The miles will be the same (Y in May = J in March) but the cabin class will change from Y to J. Should we call again and see if we can get an agent who can do this, without requiring us to cancel the existing booking and make a new booking (we don't have any point left to make the new booking)?

Last edited:

Oxy

Flights
My Map
I don't think you will have much luck. The only thing you are really keeping the same is the routing. US$70 sounds about right per ticket, I thought it was $30 but may have increased. I have had a look at the MEL-SIN specials for myself and there is heaps. If I was you I would take the plunge and just go with it. If you miss out you can always book your original, or wait until next months specials. For an opportunity like this you have to be prepared for some risk!

Pleb Status

AFF Supporter
The current deal for travel in March 2019 with PER-SIN v.v for only 20k KF ow in J is very nice.

Too bad I am already off to Europe...

coolkid101

Booked a heap of sin-aus flights for us and family. 62k to 28k is ridiculously cheap.
When sq said "watch out" for the best promo ever they weren't kidding.

Reactions: Oxy

Must...Fly!

AFF Supporter
Wow that's quite good indeed. How long does it take for AMEX points to go across to KF

EDIT: I guess the discount only shows at the end of the process? I can only see available flights (no points in my account) for 68k

EDIT2: Never mind I figure it out! If you click on an eligible flight it shows the discounted rate at the top. Found some other threads indicating AMEX -> KF ~1-3 days (don't know why didn't show up before I posted...oh well!)

Last edited:

NZflygirl

Established Member
I booked AKL-SIN return for 56k A380 and 773 - I think I'm more excited about what an amazing deal it is!! :D Both overnighters. Might skip dinner and have good breakfasts.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Singlu