JQ Mastercard now offering QF points (double points promo on but max 10K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Email just received:

The Jetstar Platinum MasterCard now with Qantas Frequent Flyer Points.

Qantas Frequent Flyer Points[SUP]2[/SUP]
Earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to 100,000 points per annum. Redeem your Qantas Frequent Flyer Points for an extensive choice of rewards through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program.

1. Apply for a Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and be approved by 11:59pm on 31 December 2011
2. Then opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards
3. You will receive double Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on eligible purchases from the date you opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards until 11:59pm on 31st January 2012.

That's 2 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus points.[SUP]1[/SUP]

To take advantage of this offer if you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member you will need to become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and provide your membership number before you can opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards. Jetstar Platinum MasterCard applicants who are approved can obtain complimentary membership (a saving of $82.50)[SUP]9[/SUP]. Once you receive your card visit qantas.com/jetstarjoin to join Qantas Frequent Flyer.

Geez you're quick! I just got it too!! Looks tempting..

Still not the best deal though. There is a $149 annual fee for the card. Better off with Woolies card instead?!

Still not the best deal though. There is a $149 annual fee for the card. Better off with Woolies card instead?!
I think that the annual fee is $49 see Jetstar MasterCard
What do you guys think re value now. I have a 28 Degrees Mastercard for overseas purchases now. Is it worth $49 per year for this one??

I think that the annual fee is $49 see Jetstar MasterCard
What do you guys think re value now. I have a 28 Degrees Mastercard for overseas purchases now. Is it worth $49 per year for this one??

The offer of FF points is on the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, which has an annual fee of $149 (although jdlover23 apparently got a free upgrade, but that may only be for existing cardholders)

The offer of FF points is on the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, which has an annual fee of $149 (although jdlover23 apparently got a free upgrade, but that may only be for existing cardholders)

Yes I went to apply for this thinking it was $49 but at $149 I won't bother unless they kick in a better bonus than double points for a month or two. The lack of a Jetstar booking fee would also be useful although I've cut back my patronage since they removed SCs and points from the base fares.

I do wonder why they are offering FF points instead of Jetstar Cash?
I cancelled my card last month due to the difficult use of the JQ vouchers. They must be redeemed within 3 months for travel within 6 months. I let them know that I would use QF instead... maybe they are listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back