Jetstar-JetFLEX seat allocation

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Vacation1, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Vacation1

Vacation1 Junior Member

Aug 5, 2007
    When booking international flight using JETFLEX fare (from SGN-SYD) online, I am able to select exit row seats (row44). (I am very tall)

Can anyone tell me please, the likelihood of that seat still going to me once I check in - ie, is the seat selection firm. I called the call centre and they said 100% guaranteed etc etc - (I suspect the person I spoke to wasn't sure as they also stated that a normal economy 31 "pitch would be just fine for a 195cm passenger LOL)

Thank you

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Seat assignments are never guaranteed and may be changed ( even after boarding ) , however you have a pretty reasonable chance that the seats that you have seelcted will still be yours at check in

Dave

3. Travel Guru

Travel Guru Established Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Whilst an airline will never guarantee your seat assignment due to "operational constraints" (ie. a high status ff wanting your pre assigned seat or ground staff having concens over your ability to operate the emergency exit) from experience (Up until recently I was a TA for over 5 yrs) its very rare you'd lose it.

TG

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There has been a post this year, either here or on FT, in respect that a frequenter of both AFF & FT booked JetFlex and pre-assigned an aisle exit seat. They did not get it on check-in.

I guess this is quite rare, but IME, Strange things can happen ex CNS - check-in staff there have been known to be a law unto themselves for many moons.

5. Vacation1

Vacation1 Junior Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Thanks for replies - OK Travel Guru, what is a TA??

Thanks

6. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    travel agent

7. turtlemichael

turtlemichael Established Member

May 24, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Good memory Serty - that was me

The only apparent reason that I lost the seat was that the person who was given it got to the front of the check-in line before me and asked for an exit row seat. I spoke to him when we stopped in DRW. In my case I was the high status one and the person given it had no OW status. Maybe the practice is clearer now but I would do my best to be there at the front of the line when check in opened. I've now recovered from the indignity but avoid Onestar wherever possible! :lol: