Jetstar BKK - MEL Amex not accepted | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Jetstar BKK - MEL Amex not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaia

Tried to book online BKK-MEL with Jetstar and the website only accepts Visa or Mastercard.

Rang Jetstar and they confirmed Amex not accepted and so I couldn't do it by telephone either.

I prefer to put all of my bookings on Amex.

Febs

Established Member
We all know of AMEX's high merchant fees, but it's an interesting decision for an airline to make - especially given the proliferation of corporate AMEX cards.

My travel for example all has to go through my corporate AMEX - if we pay any other way we can run into problems with reimbursement.

Cheers,
- Febs.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
This must be a Thai/Asian thing; My Amex was certainly accepted for my MEL-BKK-MEL bookings; back in July and on Tuesday. ;)

stryker

gaia said:
Tried to book online BKK-MEL with Jetstar and the website only accepts Visa or Mastercard.

Rang Jetstar and they confirmed Amex not accepted and so I couldn't do it by telephone either.

I prefer to put all of my bookings on Amex.
Hey gaia,

That's life.

When I am confronted with this situation, I put it on my CBA Gold Visa.

:)

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Yeah, but my Amex gleans 1.5 MR points per AUD (= 1.5 QFF) ; most other cards including CBA Gold Visa's do not. :evil:

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

gaia

For a whole lot of reasons I prefer to put all of my travel on Amex.

Amex provides me better reporting, better service in any dispute, 1.5 MR points.

I've decided that if Jetstar won't accept Amex then I'll fly someone else.

JohnK

Veteran Member
serfty said:
This must be a Thai/Asian thing; My Amex was certainly accepted for my MEL-BKK-MEL bookings; back in July and on Tuesday. ;)
I am confused with this anomaly. I would be surprised if was an Asian restriction. Surely the same Jetstar website is used for bookings originating from Australia or SE Asia.

When I use the Qantas website the same credit cards are accepted whether I am booking flights using Australia, New Zealand or Singapore as the home country.

Mal

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
I presume that for booking made from BKK, that Jetstar would bill locally and in Thai Baht just like airfares from the US are billed by Qantas USA, or NZ is billed by Qantas NZ in their respective currencies.

Maybe Jetstar Thailand office hasn't got merchant facilities for Amex yet? Sounds weird to me - unless there is some other fraud prevention or cost saving measure being put into place.

gaia

Flew Jetstar Starclass MEL-BKK last week.

Only 5 in the cabin and the service was excellent.

Leather seats like car seats and relatively comfortable, but not sure how comfortable to sleep in.

I also think that the food was better than Qantas - plainer sure, but nicer in taste in my view.

Flew back BKK-MEL on Thai in Y, my first flight with them for many years. Plane nearly full, but I was in seat 34 near the front of Y so ok.

During the run again this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona