JetStar 22,000 seats for $22 Sale | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

JetStar 22,000 seats for $22 Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,251
Flights
My Map
When you book 2 or more passengers travelling together.

Flights available Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday.

*Sale on now until 09 Feb 07 (12 midday) or sold out, for travel between 01 May - 31 May 07.
Total price is for each passenger travelling together on the same flight and includes all surcharges, fees and taxes. Fares are only available for customers travelling in pairs. An additional $2 per passenger per flight will be applied to fares paid by credit or charge card. All amounts are non-refundable. Limited changes are permitted, charges apply.
JetMail exclusive offer Just for the 2 of you!

22,000 Seats for only $22

2 is the magic number at Jetstar, and starting today at 2pm, JetMail customers only have the opportunity to take advantage of the 22,000 seat sale with fares at just $22 each when you book flights with a minimum of 2 people travelling together.

But hurry, offer ends 12 midday 9 February and is exclusive to JetMail members only when two passengers are travelling together. Flights available Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday on the selected routes below only during May, 2007.

Fares are subject to availability and not available on all flights or days. Conditions apply.
 

ksthommo

Active Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
690
Here's the destinations available (website keeps crashing)
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Flight[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]
Fare Price
[/FONT]

Brisbane - Hamilton Island
$22​
Brisbane - Mackay
$22​
Brisbane - Newcastle
$22​
Brisbane - Rockhampton
$22​
Brisbane - Whitsunday Coast
$22​
Gold Coast - Newcastle
$22​
Melbourne - Hobart
$22​
Melbourne - Launceston
$22​
Melbourne - Newcastle
$22​
Melbourne (Avalon) - Adelaide
$22​
Melbourne (Avalon) - Sydney
$22​
Sydney - Gold Coast
$22​
 

SeaWolf

Active Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
875
I notice qantas.com is out for the count as well.
Nothing for Perth travel...
Although you can only fly to Melbourne with Jetstar from Perth anyway.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
Jetstar booking deal 'melts down' website - Travel - smh.com.au

Jetstar booking deal 'melts down' website
David Braithwaite
February 8, 2007 - 5:17PM

Jetstar is trying to add extra capacity to its online booking engine after a $22 fare deal sent the website into meltdown this afternoon.

A "22,000 Seats for $22" online sale was announced to the airline's 300,000 email subscribers at 2pm, and it seemed they all tried to book at once, Jetstar spokeswoman Simone Pregellio said.

"The site's not down, but the booking engine's having meltdown at the moment because we're getting so many hits," she said.
 

maninblack

Established Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
2,303
SeaWolf said:
I notice qantas.com is out for the count as well.
Nothing for Perth travel...
Although you can only fly to Melbourne with Jetstar from Perth anyway.
Not sure I understand this post. QF flies 6-7 flights a day from Perth to MEL. JQ, only one daily.
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,091
Hmmm, bit of a worry when the credit card charge ends up being almost 10% of the fare, $88 became $96 with the CC surcharge.
 

SeaWolf

Active Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
875
maninblack said:
Not sure I understand this post. QF flies 6-7 flights a day from Perth to MEL. JQ, only one daily.
I was just mentioning that the JQ sale didn't offer cheap flights to Perth. Often these sales (DJ included) only cover the eastern states, or offer a dismal discount for flight to and from Perth. We're a bit far out to be offering $22 flights I think.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,645
Flights
My Map
SeaWolf said:
I was just mentioning that the JQ sale didn't offer cheap flights to Perth. Often these sales (DJ included) only cover the eastern states, or offer a dismal discount for flight to and from Perth. We're a bit far out to be offering $22 flights I think.
JQ are offering $94.50 fares according to an email I got this morning, which isn't too bad for the distance.
 

dajop

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
9,071
Flights
My Map
Great to see these sales, but an interesting side effect is now it shows what a furphy that "taxes and surcharges' really are. You book one of the $22 fares (or a newer sale announced today for $29.50) on MEL-LST whilst taxes and surcharges on a redemption on the same route on the same flight (admittedly under a QF flight number) are $39.61 + points.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
dajop said:
Great to see these sales, but an interesting side effect is now it shows what a furphy that "taxes and surcharges' really are. You book one of the $22 fares (or a newer sale announced today for $29.50) on MEL-LST whilst taxes and surcharges on a redemption on the same route on the same flight (admittedly under a QF flight number) are $39.61 + points.
That will be because QF customers are heavier and use more fuel than JQ customers, so the fuel surcharge is more :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,189
Messages
1,871,252
Members
49,015
Latest member
Jamesc571
Top