Jet Airways QF codeshare flights - are status credits earned?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Febs, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Hi all,

Just wondering if QF-numbered flights on Jet Airways metal earn status credits?

I know QF and Jet Airways have an agreement for FF points, but my understanding is this is between the two airlines, and not part of the OneWorld alliance. Does this mean no status credits would be earned on these flights?

Or if they are, does anyone know what level J on Jet Airways earns at? Full J SC's, as if you were travelling on QF metal?

Looking at flights to Delhi, and the options seem to be either QF SYD-MUM, then onto DEL on Jet Airways. Or QF SYD-SIN, then SIN-DEL on Jet Airways.

Cheers,
    - Febs.

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Going by this: Airline Earning Table the answer is yes (QF flight number).

No status bonus however.

3. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Edit: Argh I'm having a shocker today.

Thanks Serfty. :)

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    If on the QF codeshare, the earning should be based on the earning table for Qantas, so from my understanding SCs, miles and status bonuses should apply

Dave

5. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Bugger. My destination in India has changed, and while 9W still fly there, there aren't any QF codeshares. In fact, there aren't any QF codeshares for any of my three internal India flights. So I'll earn points for them, but no SC's.

Oh well...I'll still only be ~180 points from WP by the end of it...that should be doable before expiry. :)

Cheers,
    - Febs.