J->F on QF LAX-JFK

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by dajop, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A friend is currently booked in J from LAX-JFK next month on QF 107. His last two upgrade credits expire at end of Aug, so I think it's a no brainer to waitlist for an upgrade to F on this sector. Has anyone flown this sector in F? Is it worthwhile to use the credits this way? His only other options for using them would be twice from Y->J on MEL-ADL or MEL-SYD - personally I think a waste of time on such short sectors.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have done this twice. In my opinion, it was a good use of FF points. And if the UCs are going to expire, then its a great use of UCs.

Note that they don't normally hand out pyjamas on that segment, but if you ask they will look and see if they have any on board.

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Definitely a good way to use up the UC!

Does this mean I won't get any on my two hour SFO-YVR?? ;)

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you ask, they will look. And in my experience they will provide if they have some. I have received them on an even shorter segment :D.