J class seat - QF42 CGK-BNE | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

J class seat - QF42 CGK-BNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequel

I was thinking of using points to upgrade from Y to J on QF 42 CGK-BNE 22 July 2007. Seat counter indicates the flight will be operated by a 767-300/ER (763? still learning!). Will the J seats be the same, tired, non-lay-flat, non-AVOD (meaning pause/rewind-able) as are on the domestic 767's? 40k points seems alot for 7 hours in one of those seats, hopefully a light load would see me being able to spread out in Y anyway.

NM

Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Qantas Internationally configured 763's have "Dreamtime" seats.

More here:
So non-flat, non-AVOD. But do have personal IFE and are very comfortable for sitting and resting.

The domestic 763s have Millennium seats in a 2x2x2 configuration. The international 763s have Dreamtime seats in 1x2x2 configuration. However, trans-Tasman flights often get the domestic config and you do sometimes see the international config on some domestic routes.

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
However, trans-Tasman flights often get the domestic config
!@#$ annoying it is too,

NM said:
and you do sometimes see the international config on some domestic routes.
although I did get one such a/c on my last domestic flight within Australia.

NM

Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
although I did get one such a/c on my last domestic flight within Australia.
Millenniums on the 767-336 I had this morning. But can't complain for a SYD-BNE flight.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Sequel said:
....hopefully a light load would see me being able to spread out in Y anyway.
Sunday night flight? Highly unlikely that it will be a light load. Is the service still only 3 days a week? I did the CGK-SYD flight, same service but no stopover in BNE, a couple of years ago and it was not a very pleasant experience.

simongr

Enthusiast
I dont think that they like remote linking to their images...

toetoes

Sequel said:
I was thinking of using points to upgrade from Y to J on QF 42 CGK-BNE 22 July 2007. Seat counter indicates the flight will be operated by a 767-300/ER (763? still learning!). Will the J seats be the same, tired, non-lay-flat, non-AVOD (meaning pause/rewind-able) as are on the domestic 767's? 40k points seems alot for 7 hours in one of those seats, hopefully a light load would see me being able to spread out in Y anyway.
Hi,

I did this same route last year in Aug via SYD, very light load in Y had a row to my self. Good service both ways. If you upgarde try for 1A-5A as you have no one next to you in the 767-300 int. config. CGK trafic to/from the airport can be crazy at times!!! Be carefull.

Cheers,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charles182