Is this scenario doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richh1833

I'm considering going SYD-SIN-SYD in 1 day (QF5/6) just to do my AA challenge. I'm occupied that on the day till 10am-1pm and the flight is scheduled for 3:10pm. Now I wanted to ask a couple questions:

1. Can I check-in earlier than 12pm?

2. Can I get my boarding pass from SIN-SYD at SYD as instead of exiting immigration?

3. For the sydneysiders... 1pm from the city to the airport doable? :-|

opusman

Solutions
1. Qantas has all-day check-in in Sydney so you can check-in as early as you like

2. Just get it in SYD before the out-bound flight (or check-in online for both flights)

3. A taxi shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes at the most at that time of day (or just get the train)

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions
Even if you can't get a boarding pass in SYD, I think transfer desks at SIN should be able to produce one.

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
The prospect of doing that all in Y is a little scary - please tell me you're travelling in PE or J? :shock:

But yes, certainly doable.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions
The prospect of doing that all in Y is a little scary - please tell me you're travelling in PE or J? :shock:

No worse than flying to Europe.

richh1833

1. Qantas has all-day check-in in Sydney so you can check-in as early as you like

2. Just get it in SYD before the out-bound flight (or check-in online for both flights)

3. A taxi shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes at the most at that time of day (or just get the train)

Great. I hope that the all-day check in isn't limited to people with status only as I've read on here.

Even if you can't get a boarding pass in SYD, I think transfer desks at SIN should be able to produce one.

Sounds good.

I quite like flying! Even in Y but this time its in Y+!

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
If you don't have any bags to check, just do OLCI for both flights.

richh1833

thanks for all the advice. I just decided to OLCI. Its actually 4 class 747 but I guess QF isn't selling F? All the seats seemed to be 'occupied' which I really doubt as theres more than 9+ W left on sale.. so these seats open up as we get closer to departure? also.. I can't seem to check in for SIN-SYD, once I checked in for SYD-SIN it greyed out the check in button.

Also.. I also got a Seq nbr of 20 if that means anything?

mannej

Solutions
thanks for all the advice. I just decided to OLCI. Its actually 4 class 747 but I guess QF isn't selling F? All the seats seemed to be 'occupied' which I really doubt as theres more than 9+ W left on sale.. so these seats open up as we get closer to departure? also.. I can't seem to check in for SIN-SYD, once I checked in for SYD-SIN it greyed out the check in button.

Also.. I also got a Seq nbr of 20 if that means anything?

Sequence number is the order that you have been checked in.
Are you within 24 hours of the SIN-SYD leg?

richh1833

Sequence number is the order that you have been checked in.
Are you within 24 hours of the SIN-SYD leg?

Ah yeah, I just noticed. 1 hour away from it. Totally overlooked that. Thanks

I was reading somewhere that people can keep checking OLCI to get better seats? Is it still possible since mines greyed out?

vitagen

Established Member
Make sure its in the correct fare earning bucket!

richh1833

Round 2! 1h30m from the City to the Airport OLCI + Carry on possible? I can't leave earlier than 4 and I'm hoping to get QF5 departing at 5:25pm opinions? too risky?

Status
Not open for further replies.