Answered - Is the booking process normally this bad? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Is the booking process normally this bad?

big_RED

I chatted to Hilton over website chat on Sunday for a booking for 29 people and they directed me to Hilton_Direct_RFP@hilton.com which was great - I could write all my questions and room requirements into the email. 3 days later I hadn't had a reply so went back to the online chat tonight who said I should have received a reply within 24-36hrs. They then gave me a 1300 number which I've just spent 20 minutes with.

I stated I was a Diamond Status holder and that I had a number of questions regarding a large 29 person booking. I asked if there was another email address I could send all my questions and specific room bookings to but they said no and that they could help. I spent 15 minutes going through my booking requirements for various room sizes etc - and then after a few minutes on hold with them checking availability they said they weren't able to help me and that the group bookings team would need to help. They said they weren't open now, but I could leave a vmail and they'd call me back at 8am. I asked to confirm if they were in AUS or USA and the call operator said USA and then realised they'd be calling me at 2am... so then thought for a bit and then just gave me the direct email address of the hotel I wanted to book at... which would have been great 3 days ago...

I assume it isn't support's policy to just provide the direct email address of the hotel straight away, but for a Diamond status member (or even non-members) it was a pretty terrible experience when the total figure of the booking will be large and their main email for these types of bookings doesn't even reply.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to go about this in the future?

Thanks!

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I would be discussing it directly with the property. You could expect more personalised service than dealing with central reservations in the USA.

big_RED

I would be discussing it directly with the property. You could expect more personalised service than dealing with central reservations in the USA.
Is it easy to get the direct hotel's email or phone number? I've found it really hard to find or receive this info across Marriott and Hilton.

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I just tested with 3 x random dummy bookings and they each produced some contact details:

Hilton Sydney.JPGHilton Cairns.JPGHampton Portland Maine.JPG

Last edited:

big_RED

I just tested with 3 x random dummy bookings and they each produced some contact details:
Omg 😦 I completely missed that!! I was looking in the footer for the hotel contact details. That is embarrassing. Thanks!

Reactions: DC3

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jozo