Is it the end of Ezy Banking

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by Ngariman, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Ngariman

Ngariman Junior Member

Feb 7, 2006
    ADL
    Did anyone else see in the news tody the new agreement, that Woolworths and ANZ have struck to provide them 700 ATM's

It also stated that the Woolworths Ezy Banking agreement with Commonwealth bank will be winding back at the end of the year. And the Ezy Banking Kiosks will be slowly taken out of their stores!

What does that mean for all of us Ezy MasterCard Holders? I love the Ezy MasterCard low annual fee and the unlimited 1:1 Qantas points

Will they keep the card around?, create a new card with ANZ or I have even heard they may apply for their own Banking licence.

So that leaves me wondering if Woolworths do pull out what will CBA do with all the MasterCard holders???

Will we all loose the generous 1:1 that we love so much

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  3. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Instead of capping points, why can't a bank decide to reduce points earning after a certain limit? Say after 100,000 points 1 for 1, further points are earned 1.5 to 1, or 2 to 1. This is a better way for bank to keep the high spending customers.