I'm in the VA Lounge thread | Page 71 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

I'm in the VA Lounge thread

Maz11

Is there anyone in the Brisbane lounge at the moment who can guest my husband?
His a Firie down there doing a course that finished early.
(Although he tells me at the moment he has thongs on.. Queenslanders ! )

Foreigner

Established Member
AFF Supporter
In CNS lounge and a good change from the too predictable QF lounge next door

Staff on floor and behind service areas, decent food options, big selection of beers

Good management in this lounge, as I see it

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
SYD Lounge from ~4:00pm-4:45pm.

Can guest 1.
And another hour. Thanks again Virgin. First and Final boarding call at 4:52pm and at gate at 5:02pm and taken off flight. It was still Final call on the board just begore Gate 39.

And what's great is when the gate staff saw me coming with the stroller he rushed over to tell me we've been taken off flight and had a nice smile on his face. Apparently Virgin customers don't want to be paged.

nat965

Intern
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
And another hour. Thanks again Virgin. First and Final boarding call at 4:52pm and at gate at 5:02pm and taken off flight. It was still Final call on the board just begore Gate 39.

And what's great is when the gate staff saw me coming with the stroller he rushed over to tell me we've been taken off flight and had a nice smile on his face. Apparently Virgin customers don't want to be paged.
Damn. I find SYD to be bad at paging.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Damn. I find SYD to be bad at paging.
And guess what? The bags were not put on the later flight we flew and now we have to wait another hour for bags on next flight.

By the way the later flight boarded earlier and left later. Thanks Virgin. I can see why you're a great competitor to Qantas.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
And guess what? The bags were not put on the later flight we flew and now we have to wait another hour for bags on next flight.

By the way the later flight boarded earlier and left later. Thanks Virgin. I can see why you're a great competitor to Qantas.
What a frustrating day.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
What a frustrating day.
Very. The sad part is they closed the flight between 18:01 and 18:02 as I saw the board on Final Call near gate 39. They didn't push back until 18:23 which would suggest it would have taken them a few minutes to off load my bag. We got home at 11:25pm instead of 9:25pm. Oh well.

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
SYD DOM lounge tomorrow (7/06) morning, should be there around ~5.45-6am.

BNE DOM lounge tomorrow (7/06) evening, should be there around ~5pm

Can guest 1, to both.

Rubix

SYD DOM lounge tomorrow (7/06) morning, should be there around ~5.45-6am.

BNE DOM lounge tomorrow (7/06) evening, should be there around ~5pm

Can guest 1, to both.
Hey Daft,

Can you guest my partner tomorrow at 4:45pm-5:00pm at BNE?

She would love that!!!

Thibault

Hey all !
I am now in BNE lounge until 5:25
Flight VA304 and can guest 1 person

Also looking for someone that could guest me in The House Melbourne for VA69 today.

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diangonz