How to stop Hyatt points from expiring? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

How to stop Hyatt points from expiring?

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I have 4,838 Hyatt points expring on 31st Dec. Any cheap ways to keep them from expiring? thanks

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I have 4,838 Hyatt points expring on 31st Dec. Any cheap ways to keep them from expiring? thanks
The Points Guy had something on 27/11/19 (sorry, can’t post the link at the moment) about non-stay purchases (cup of coffee) being credited by some Hyatt properties into your account. However, TPG is very USA-centric, so this may not work in Oz. And doesn’t work at all USA properties either, it seems.

Ric

Can you not buy some minimum amount of points to keep it going? How long before fresh points expire?

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Can you not buy some minimum amount of points to keep it going? How long before fresh points expire?
They may close your account after 24 months of no activity. Yes, buy them as a last resort. Not good value. But if nothing else, and no stays planned .......

GSP

Go to the Hyatt hotel and have a meal and use your membership number. I took my team out last Friday and spent a small fortune and was pleasantly surprised to see around 5k extra points in the account.

If you can getup to 5000 points you can redeem them on a cheap hotel.

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I think this would work....booked a cash and points reward night in December 2020 with 2500 points + $. According to Ts and Cs , redemption counts as activity :) The cash component is only charged by the hotel when you check out....so I can cancel the stay deep into next year with return of my 2500 points ;)

siri

Intern
As far as I know Hyatt points does not expire on my acct... I had points sitting there for almost 12 yrs, around 500K points... Is this new? Main Hyatt value is not having a expiring date..

2PAXfly

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
As far as I know Hyatt points does not expire on my acct... I had points sitting there for almost 12 yrs, around 500K points... Is this new? Main Hyatt value is not having a expiring date..
They do expire now after 24 months of inactivity, unfortunately. I purchased minimum points, which counted as activity. so have another 24 months of life for my points balance.

vetrade

Established Member
My points expire at end of this month too but Hyatt screwed me around so much getting points credited properly after my last 3 stays that I have given up on them. Just not worth my time explaining their errors to them