How To Get 6000 Extra Eqp's By End Of Year

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by adrian, Nov 27, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. adrian

adrian Member

Jul 17, 2006
    I am currently AA Platinum, having taken the Platinum Challenge in the July 2006.

I currently have 77918 EQPs. I have one more journey scheduled for this year, PRG-LHR-HKG-SYD, on BA/CX in J. I think this will give me almost 17000 more EQPs, bringing me to 94757 EQPs by the end of that trip.

I had never bothered thinking about getting to EXP, as I didn't realise I would be so close. Also I am Qantas Platinum (through to Feb or Mar 2008), so F lounge access isn't an issue.

Is there much benefit in me attaining EXP this year? I am fairly sure that I will reach it next year without much trouble, giving me F lounge access for 2008.

Are there any fast or easy ways of earning 5000-6000 EQPs? Any that don't require air travel? (I am all travelled out for this year). Any promotions that i can attach to my upcoming trip that might push me over 100,000?

ps. I really wish I had discovered this forum about one month earlier, in June, then I could have credited an AA Y trip SYD-LAX-MIA-CCS-NYC-LAX-SYD. They were worth almost nothing in Qantas points, and I already had the QF WP status for 2007. I'm sure it would have been worth a whole lot more over at AA. And many other trips I put thru QF in the first half of the year.

Thanks.

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Yes; the 8 eVIPs are worth a lot

The only way to do it is to fly enough to get 5000-6000 EQPs

Dave

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Same advice I got from Dave when I asked about the 10K points I need (I also didnt think about being that close (and blew 45K qpoints on QF SG earlier this year - but that is history now)).

The only option is SYD-SIN-SYD in WT+ (for me) and WT for you (given I need 10k vs 6K for you).

I am guessing that you arent close in terms of miles - having flown your segments in J?

Just checking on the BA website there are flights to/from SIN on 27/28 Dec - out in WT+ and back on QF via MEL for $2,176. A little steep for me - I know the evips are worth more than that - but next year I wont have opportunity to use them or find some way to get benefit from that is worth A$2K to me - I have two J class RTW trips on a blend of oneworld - so no real value for the evip. Mrssimongr is getting a RTW in J with me on an award flight next october (hopefully) so again no evip value.

If I had thought more about it - I would have changed my other routings a little and I wish I had pushed for adding the domestic segments to my DONE4 - that would have given me another 2K qpoints.

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    With the PRG-LHR-HKG-SYD trip, is there a way of extending the journey to get the additonal qpoints? e.g. changing HKG-SYD to HKG-MEL-SYD will add 600 qpoints ; a HKG-MEL-CBR-SYD may add 1000 possibly for no cost for example.

If the ticket allows travel via AP rather than EH, going from LHR-SYD via North America could easily get the additional qpoints needed

Dave

5. adrian

adrian Member

Jul 17, 2006

6. adrian

adrian Member

Jul 17, 2006
    I am guessing that you arent close in terms of miles - having flown your segments in J?

Yes, mostly in J. Kicking myself - there are so many flights in the first half of the year that i could have credited to AA instead of QF.