How To Get 6000 Extra Eqp's By End Of Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian

I am currently AA Platinum, having taken the Platinum Challenge in the July 2006.

I currently have 77918 EQPs. I have one more journey scheduled for this year, PRG-LHR-HKG-SYD, on BA/CX in J. I think this will give me almost 17000 more EQPs, bringing me to 94757 EQPs by the end of that trip.

I had never bothered thinking about getting to EXP, as I didn't realise I would be so close. Also I am Qantas Platinum (through to Feb or Mar 2008), so F lounge access isn't an issue.

Is there much benefit in me attaining EXP this year? I am fairly sure that I will reach it next year without much trouble, giving me F lounge access for 2008.

Are there any fast or easy ways of earning 5000-6000 EQPs? Any that don't require air travel? (I am all travelled out for this year). Any promotions that i can attach to my upcoming trip that might push me over 100,000?

ps. I really wish I had discovered this forum about one month earlier, in June, then I could have credited an AA Y trip SYD-LAX-MIA-CCS-NYC-LAX-SYD. They were worth almost nothing in Qantas points, and I already had the QF WP status for 2007. I'm sure it would have been worth a whole lot more over at AA. And many other trips I put thru QF in the first half of the year.

Thanks.

Dave Noble

adrian said:
Is there much benefit in me attaining EXP this year? I am fairly sure that I will reach it next year without much trouble, giving me F lounge access for 2008.

Yes; the 8 eVIPs are worth a lot

adrian said:
Are there any fast or easy ways of earning 5000-6000 EQPs? Any that don't require air travel? (I am all travelled out for this year). Any promotions that i can attach to my upcoming trip that might push me over 100,000?

The only way to do it is to fly enough to get 5000-6000 EQPs

Dave

simongr

Enthusiast
Same advice I got from Dave when I asked about the 10K points I need (I also didnt think about being that close (and blew 45K qpoints on QF SG earlier this year - but that is history now)).

The only option is SYD-SIN-SYD in WT+ (for me) and WT for you (given I need 10k vs 6K for you).

I am guessing that you arent close in terms of miles - having flown your segments in J?

Just checking on the BA website there are flights to/from SIN on 27/28 Dec - out in WT+ and back on QF via MEL for $2,176. A little steep for me - I know the evips are worth more than that - but next year I wont have opportunity to use them or find some way to get benefit from that is worth A$2K to me - I have two J class RTW trips on a blend of oneworld - so no real value for the evip. Mrssimongr is getting a RTW in J with me on an award flight next october (hopefully) so again no evip value.

If I had thought more about it - I would have changed my other routings a little and I wish I had pushed for adding the domestic segments to my DONE4 - that would have given me another 2K qpoints.

Dave Noble

With the PRG-LHR-HKG-SYD trip, is there a way of extending the journey to get the additonal qpoints? e.g. changing HKG-SYD to HKG-MEL-SYD will add 600 qpoints ; a HKG-MEL-CBR-SYD may add 1000 possibly for no cost for example.

If the ticket allows travel via AP rather than EH, going from LHR-SYD via North America could easily get the additional qpoints needed

Dave

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

adrian

Dave Noble said:
Yes; the 8 eVIPs are worth a lot

Thanks for your help here. I think that the evips will be the main advange of EXP.

Regarding the evips, are they tradable/transferrable? How do people trade them? I did a search of the forum, and read somewhere that they were worth around 30,000 miles each. So am I right to say, that is worth around 240,000. That is a lot of miles. I have almost no interest in a mileage run, but 240,000 is nearly 2 BC tickets to Europe........... very tempting.....

Regarding my current ticket, can't really make any routing changes. Not sure if I could reroute via Melbourne or Canberra on the way back - there is no availability in I on the HKG-MEL flight on the date I want to return, anyway. Also, is a discounted BC on CX, so pretty much have to go thru HKG - couldn't go via USA.

Again, if I had of thought ahead..... I did a PRG-BCN-PRG sidetrip a few days back, on an Iberian codeshare (CSA plane). Pretty sure that will attain almost no points. I should have gone via LHR or LGW on BA - that probably would have been enough EQPs!!!!

adrian

I am guessing that you arent close in terms of miles - having flown your segments in J?

Yes, mostly in J. Kicking myself - there are so many flights in the first half of the year that i could have credited to AA instead of QF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users