Hilton Honors Gold

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Chucksta, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    Any tips on getting Hilton Honors Gold?

I am currently a HH Silver, needing 11 more stays or 28 nights or 37,175 base points by end Feb 2008.

Does anyone know how to increase your chances of getting comped HH Gold? I've heard that QFF Plats may get comped???

Any ideas??

Thanks

CHucksta

2. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    There is the challenge that someone posted recently (4 stays in 3 months). I have tried a number of times and had absolutely no luck - not even Blue->Silver and am 1 night off silver and 12000 base points of Gold - even though I have 40 nights+ bookings a Hilton in the next 4 months, currently AA Plat and QF SG

They did say that they would match status in other hotel programs though.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  4. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Till today I'm still wondering how on earth was I comped HH Gold as I really don't recall asking for it. And I definitely haven't met the formal requirements. I mean, if it's some sort of targetted promo it'd seem more reasonable to comp someone who's only had less than 5 stays at Hiltons last year Silver right?

Zero stays with the Gold status so far - maybe it's my chance to visit a place devoid of SPG properties to road test the status while it lasts.

5. sparoy

sparoy Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Sydney
    I have just turned HH Silver (5 stays in the last 12 months) and asked to be comped to Gold but refused. I then asked her about the above challenge (4 stays in 3 months) on the web site, which I too wasn't able to enter. She then somehow granted me the 4 stays in 3 months HH Gold challenge on the spot :D
    With my upcoming DONE4 next month, I should be able to do it quite comfortably.

sparoy

6. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    sparoy,

Congratulations. :D

Now does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a 'challenge' to Diamond :?:

7. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The Gold 'fasttrack' I mentioned recently is here:

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/all-other-loyalty-programs/current-hilton-honors-offers-6147-2.html#post129863

There are always offers going - you normally have to be in a select group though to use them. (although previously, just quoting a code was often enough to get the status. Sometimes audited and status revoked, sometimes not audited...).

BTW - I believe getting comp'd in the US is much much easier than Australia. I believe this is because Australia isn't deemed a high competition country for the likes of Hilton.

8. Platy

Platy Guest

My Hilton Honors Gold expired at end April and went down to Silver - the Hilton mob decided only to respect my April stays (8th and 28th April) at the silver level on the excuse that they apply the Gold credit on the basis of when the points hit the account not the date of the stay...

....I smell a big stinking rat!!!

To make matters worse they SUBSTRACTED the equivalent of the gold points for those stays and replaced them at silver level having never credited them in the first place so i am 4,500 down and nobody on their call centre line has the IQ to understand the mistake.

...big rat = lost customer = bye bye Hilton

:evil: :evil: :evil: