Hey RedRoo! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hey RedRoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts911993

Flights
My Map
Just wanted to give a shout out for excellent service to Marion in the Sydney First Lounge this morning. Very welcoming, organised a spa treatment and a spicy bloody mary for my wife and couldn't have been more lovely.

People like that are an asset to your organisation.

terry

Red Roo

Authenticated Company Representative
Just wanted to give a shout out for excellent service to Marion in the Sydney First Lounge this morning. Very welcoming, organised a spa treatment and a spicy bloody mary for my wife and couldn't have been more lovely.

People like that are an asset to your organisation.

terry
Thanks for your kind words Terry. I'll ensure they're passed on to her Manager.

You'll be pleased to know that Marion is instrumental in training lounge staff across the network, including the new Singapore and Hong Kong lounges. :)

BD1959

AFF Supporter
Hi Red Roo,

I was obviously mistaken in thinking that ALL "Qantas staff" in the First Lounges were employed by Accor - are there also Qantas staff located there too?

Regards,

BD

Red Roo

Authenticated Company Representative
I was obviously mistaken in thinking that ALL "Qantas staff" in the First Lounges were employed by Accor - are there also Qantas staff located there too?
We work very closely with both Accor and Neil Perry's team to ensure the service delivery consistently meets our high standards and customer's expectations. :)

BD1959

AFF Supporter
We work very closely with both Accor and Neil Perry's team to ensure the service delivery consistently meets our high standards and customer's expectations. :)
Thanks Red Roo.

Sounds like Marion could well be an asset to *both* Companies.

Regards,

BD

N860CR

AFF Supporter
Glad to hear things are well in the Sydney lounge as always :)

I was left fairly unimpressed at the MEL first lounge yesterday morning. It was so full there were no chairs available together in the main lounge, service was slow and the staff got very upset when we went to the bar to request drinks (shunned away fairly quickly). Worst part being that, when served, the champagne was well and truly at low tide (one mouthful on one occasion). Maybe it's a cost saving measure!

Looking forward to being back at SYD next time!

Ansett

AFF Supporter
Glad to hear things are well in the Sydney lounge as always :)

I was left fairly unimpressed at the MEL first lounge yesterday morning. It was so full there were no chairs available together in the main lounge, service was slow and the staff got very upset when we went to the bar to request drinks (shunned away fairly quickly). Worst part being that, when served, the champagne was well and truly at low tide (one mouthful on one occasion). Maybe it's a cost saving measure!

Looking forward to being back at SYD next time!
That's a shame have always had excellent service in the Melbourne F Lounge.

puppysparkes

AFF Supporter
Red Roo take note! Currently in the BNE J lounge, I spotted Hayden who I remembered from the FT AGM 22/2/2014. Despite my lack of flights this year he remembered me too and welcomed me back. He enquired where I was off to and I explained it was partners birthday so we were off to MEL for the week. He offered to get our drinks and I introduced him to my partner soon after. 10 min later he appeared with a platter of sweets and fruit which was totally unexpected and very thoughtful. The high standard of service he offered at the AGM is still obvious today. Some people require training in the area of service delivery, not Hayden he's a natural!

SQ421

Qantas has the potential to be an excellent ground services and handling company. Way of the future perhaps, once everything "enhance-able" has been enhanced out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea9