Help: Singapore Airlines - easiest way to upgrade to business?? (willing to pay) | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Help: Singapore Airlines - easiest way to upgrade to business?? (willing to pay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtooz

Hi

I am flying MEL - LHR 15th May with Singapore Airlines, returning 1st June. I am a Krisflyer Gold member although this expires in May, we also paid a little extra originally so the seats we have booked on all legs are the premium ones on the top deck,

I am wanting to find out the best way to upgrade to Business - is there a way I can upgrade my current booking or is it more cost effective to cancel my flight and start a new booking,

Singapore Airlines have messed us about a little bit with these flights, having change the time and plane being used on our return journey three times, (I'm a fan of the A380, so disappointed that I am now on a 777)

any advice on how I can do this (while not costing the earth) would be a real help here,

ps...I havent got miles to redeem here as I used a huge chunk to reduce the cost of the original flight.

thanks

Travel Guru

Established Member
Hi

I am flying MEL - LHR 15th May with Singapore Airlines, returning 1st June. I am a Krisflyer Gold member although this expires in May, we also paid a little extra originally so the seats we have booked on all legs are the premium ones on the top deck,

I am wanting to find out the best way to upgrade to Business - is there a way I can upgrade my current booking or is it more cost effective to cancel my flight and start a new booking,

Singapore Airlines have messed us about a little bit with these flights, having change the time and plane being used on our return journey three times, (I'm a fan of the A380, so disappointed that I am now on a 777)

any advice on how I can do this (while not costing the earth) would be a real help here,

ps...I havent got miles to redeem here as I used a huge chunk to reduce the cost of the original flight.

thanks

Not sure where you booked it but if it's through an agent it's fairly simple, they'll just calculate the fare difference between the J fare and what you paid, plus any tax difference and the SQ reissue fee and they can sort it out.

No need to cancel and rebook, that'll only leave you more out of pocket.

TG

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
With airlines such as MH and PR, you can sometimes upgrade at the airport.

However I am not aware if SQ offers this as a way to garner some last minute revenue.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
With airlines such as MH and PR, you can sometimes upgrade at the airport.

However I am not aware if SQ offers this as a way to garner some last minute revenue.
I am aware Thai you can, I wasn't aware PR and MAS you could

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeNClarkw