help on program 2 join... thanks

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by trippin_the_rift, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. trippin_the_rift

trippin_the_rift Established Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Travel + Data
    Facebook:
    hey... long time reader and first time poster

my wife and I are travelling to australia next month on qantas and wonderred if it would be worth joining the quantus frequent flyer program. Fi my friend or someone said it was good ella best and I was wonderring what the aussies from down under thought...... is the best

2. little_moody_angel

little_moody_angel Junior Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Sydney
    Hey there and welcome to the forum!
    My friend Mark, who is a sweetie :D , told me the same thing! I would definitely join!

the moody angel

3. trippin_the_rift

trippin_the_rift Established Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Travel + Data
    Facebook:
    Thank you.

I will definately join and my wife (well, future wife, only 6 yrs, 6 days, 1hours and 8minutes to go) will also.

Cheers, mate! (hehe)

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Hard to say which program would be the best to join as you don't say what airline (or alliance) you are looking to fly. You also don't advise from where you are flying.

Presuming that you are flying economy, it also depends on what fare class you purchase. If you are based in USA, then American Airlines' AAdvantage would be significantly better.

BTW, there is no Quantas FF program. There is, however, a Qantas FF program though :wink: :D

5. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004

Make sure u join as a resident of a country other that Australia, just make up an address in the UK then change it to an Australian address a few minutes later, this will save u the $80 joining fee.

6. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Also recommend you join O/S & avert the local (in Oz) joining fee.

7. Skyring

Skyring Established Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    C'mon. Play fair! The OP didn't say Quantas. Your criticism is totally unjust.

He said Quantus. I think that deserves extra points or something.

BTW, I think he needs to give an explanation of the long pre-nuptial period. Six years in advance sounds like overcautious to me.

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Where are you travelling from? From your comment about "down under", I assume you are based on the Northern Hemisphere somewhere.

What fare class is your ticket? Have you bought it yet or are you flexible to change if there are better options (such as booking the AA codeshare on a QF trans-Pacific flight).

Generally, I would only recommend joining the QF program for someone who is going to be resident in Australia and earning points with a credit card that can only transfer to Qantas FF program. Otherwise, and especially for USA-based people, there are better options such as AA.

Remember that once you have points in the QF FF program, they can only be used for QF rewards redemptions. Unlike may other programs, you canot transfer points out of the QF FF program and into some other program. And QF's earn and burn are generally poor compared with some other programs. So unless you are on a fare type that will not earn at a decent rate in another program, I would seriously consider an alternate such as AA.

9. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Skyring, in the interest of correcting my first post...(yes, I mis-spelt their mistake in the OP's post :oops: )

there is no Quantus FF program. There is, however, a Qantas FF program though