Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Guest Access - QP MEL INT Sunday 4 Sept (afternoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote25

Established Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
1,405
Hi everyone,

I have a friend who has been backpacking around Australia for the last 8 months but is now heading home :(

I was wondering if anyone who is a QP member and who is travelling internationally from Melbourne on Sunday (her flight is at 3.30 pm) might be able to assist in getting my friend access to the QANTAS Club.

I have the invite card but since I'm not flying I can't get her in myself. If you could help out I'd really appreciate it, just e-mail me (nburgess25@hotmail.com) and we can organise something.

It would be a great going away present :D

Coyote25
QF Platinum Member since Dec 04
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Hi coyote25,

I thought QF platinum members could access the lounge with guest irrespective of whether they are flying same day :? ? Can't you take her in yourself, or maybe you're based in another city?
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Flights
My Map
International Airport = behind customs.

Without a flight and boarding pass, you'd be considered a national threat and liable to be arrested :)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
BlacKnox said:
I thought QF platinum members could access the lounge with guest irrespective of whether they are flying same day :? ? Can't you take her in yourself, or maybe you're based in another city?
Coyote25 mentioned the friend is departing internationally, so that means the airside Qantas Club lounge that can only be accessed after immigration.
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Thanks Mal and NM, you've answered my question, which prompts another radical suggestion/ question...

Couldn't one purchase a fully refundable ticket, then cancel it once reaching airside and the QP (providing no credit card charges/ fees were incurred)? Or does the canceling of an international ticket after the boarding pass is issued trigger alarm bells somewhere?
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
BlacKnox said:
Couldn't one purchase a fully refundable ticket, then cancel it once reaching airside and the QP (providing no credit card charges/ fees were incurred)? Or does the canceling of an international ticket after the boarding pass is issued trigger alarm bells somewhere?
It has been known to happen :wink: . And an F ticket is fully refundable and gets you into the F lounge :D .

Just have to be willing to wait for the credit card refund which can take up to 8 weeks :cry: . And getting back out through immigration could take a little explanation.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,146
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
NM said:
BlacKnox said:
I thought QF platinum members could access the lounge with guest irrespective of whether they are flying same day :? ? Can't you take her in yourself, or maybe you're based in another city?
Coyote25 mentioned the friend is departing internationally, so that means the airside Qantas Club lounge that can only be accessed after immigration.
Note that a QP member flying internationally out of MEL can generally use the MEL Dom QP before going thru customs; I do this regularly (there's no PM party pies in the INT J lounge :( ) And, they can take a guest.

Just be aware, that you need to head off to Customs and INT at leastone hour before the scheduled departure of your INT flight. It's a five minute walk.

Remember, International flights commence boarding ½ hour before the scheduled flight time and you still need to clear customs.

(You can do this in SYD too, but it's more of a pain)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,419
Messages
2,088,343
Members
53,796
Latest member
pearlz007

Currently Active Users

Top