Guest Access - QP MEL INT Sunday 4 Sept (afternoon)

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by coyote25, Aug 29, 2005.

1. coyote25

coyote25 Established Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Melbourne
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Hi everyone,

I have a friend who has been backpacking around Australia for the last 8 months but is now heading home :(

I was wondering if anyone who is a QP member and who is travelling internationally from Melbourne on Sunday (her flight is at 3.30 pm) might be able to assist in getting my friend access to the QANTAS Club.

I have the invite card but since I'm not flying I can't get her in myself. If you could help out I'd really appreciate it, just e-mail me (nburgess25@hotmail.com) and we can organise something.

It would be a great going away present :D
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Coyote25
    QF Platinum Member since Dec 04

2. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Hi coyote25,

I thought QF platinum members could access the lounge with guest irrespective of whether they are flying same day :? ? Can't you take her in yourself, or maybe you're based in another city?

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    International Airport = behind customs.

Without a flight and boarding pass, you'd be considered a national threat and liable to be arrested :)

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Coyote25 mentioned the friend is departing internationally, so that means the airside Qantas Club lounge that can only be accessed after immigration.

5. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Thanks Mal and NM, you've answered my question, which prompts another radical suggestion/ question...

Couldn't one purchase a fully refundable ticket, then cancel it once reaching airside and the QP (providing no credit card charges/ fees were incurred)? Or does the canceling of an international ticket after the boarding pass is issued trigger alarm bells somewhere?

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It has been known to happen :wink: . And an F ticket is fully refundable and gets you into the F lounge :lol: .

Just have to be willing to wait for the credit card refund which can take up to 8 weeks :cry: . And getting back out through immigration could take a little explanation.

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Note that a QP member flying internationally out of MEL can generally use the MEL Dom QP before going thru customs; I do this regularly (there's no PM party pies in the INT J lounge :( ) And, they can take a guest.

Just be aware, that you need to head off to Customs and INT at leastone hour before the scheduled departure of your INT flight. It's a five minute walk.

Remember, International flights commence boarding ½ hour before the scheduled flight time and you still need to clear customs.

(You can do this in SYD too, but it's more of a pain)