Great Southern Railway (operators of The Ghan) in the news | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Great Southern Railway (operators of The Ghan) in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

N860CR

AFF Supporter
I travelled from SYD-PER on the Indian Pacific about four weeks after the crash in 1999 which killed 9(?) people. The train had also been in an accident on the Nullabour a few months prior to that. Loads still seemed good and the train was fairly full (in First Class where I was anyway, don't know what it was like down the back). I'd be supprised if this latest crash had a major impact on passenger numbers.

Environmental groups say the crash highlights the dangers associated with Australia's increasing involvement in the nuclear industry.
Getting a bit overdramatic there I think!

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
danielribo said:
I travelled from SYD-PER on the Indian Pacific about four weeks after the crash in 1999 which killed 9(?) people. The train had also been in an accident on the Nullabour a few months prior to that. Loads still seemed good and the train was fairly full (in First Class where I was anyway, don't know what it was like down the back). I'd be supprised if this latest crash had a major impact on passenger numbers.
The issue is more that the rolling stock is not available to cart the people (as it is in need of being fixed), rather than bookings decling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soosan