Geoff Dixon on Business Sunday show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Posts
12,387
Well Geoff apparently appeared on Business Sunday today. I didn't watch it, but the transcript is on the Business Sunday website, so obviously it happened. :twisted:

The transcript is here http://businesssunday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=87422


From my reading of the transcripts, I decipher the following.

1) Fuel Surcharge is not going to rise anytime in the near future. However it's not going to reduce either.

2) Australian Airlines may not be around for much longer. (From this, I assume Jet * Intl will take over their routes).

Interesting transcript. Only problem with Business Sunday (IMHO) is that they don't really get into the "meat" of the discussion - just seem to gloss over a lot of relevant stuff.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Posts
300
I saw the second half of the interview. I got the impression that Australian Airlines would stay, but not expand. Qantas (the corporation) will be sinking all of their funding into QF and JQ. The interesting part was the JQ joint ventures they are planning around the world.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,290
Damien said:
I saw the second half of the interview. I got the impression that Australian Airlines would stay, but not expand. Qantas (the corporation) will be sinking all of their funding into QF and JQ. The interesting part was the JQ joint ventures they are planning around the world.
Just what we really needed. Replace more QF destinations with JQ so you don't earn SC's and points. But of course you will be able to redeem your QFF points on JQ international flights.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Posts
20,060
JohnK said:
Damien said:
I saw the second half of the interview. I got the impression that Australian Airlines would stay, but not expand. Qantas (the corporation) will be sinking all of their funding into QF and JQ. The interesting part was the JQ joint ventures they are planning around the world.
Just what we really needed. Replace more QF destinations with JQ so you don't earn SC's and points. But of course you will be able to redeem your QFF points on JQ international flights.

Bear in mind that the JQ international product will have some fares that earn SC's and points (StarClass and JetFlex), and the product is a little different from the current JQ product.

Of course, for discount economy, don;t expect much from them.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,290
oz_mark said:
Bear in mind that the JQ international product will have some fares that earn SC's and points (StarClass and JetFlex), and the product is a little different from the current JQ product.
I can just see these fares being double current QF discount economy.

oz_mark said:
Of course, for discount economy, don;t expect much from them.
I don't expect anything from JQ. I hate the airline as much as I hate any other LCC.

If QF replaces some of existing destinations with JQ we'll find *Alliance a lot more attractive. After my discussions with Qantas staff last week I have a fair idea of what will happen with a lot of QF domestic destinations. We don't want the same things happening with international.

It is only my opinion. Jetstar whether domestic or international is not an option.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Posts
20,060
JohnK said:
If QF replaces some of existing destinations with JQ we'll find *Alliance a lot more attractive.

Or, shock horror, Virgin Blue. I think that since Jetstar has taken the position they used to occupy, Virgin Blue seems to be doing a bit of legwork in improveing its offerings to business type travellers. I expect that this will continue.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,290
oz_mark said:
JohnK said:
If QF replaces some of existing destinations with JQ we'll find *Alliance a lot more attractive.

Or, shock horror, Virgin Blue. I think that since Jetstar has taken the position they used to occupy, Virgin Blue seems to be doing a bit of legwork in improveing its offerings to business type travellers. I expect that this will continue.
You are right. Virgin Blue seems to be doing more to shed it's LCC tag.

I plan to use the QF product where possible but I certainly do hope that Virgin Blue and Ozjet succeed to keep QF honest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top