Forgot what a joy it was..... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Forgot what a joy it was.....

Hoatzin

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
To fly! QF1494 tonight and caught myself feeling like a superstar as I picked up my boarding pass. I had almost forgotten that joy, the slight hesitation of approaching security (will I get random (aka annoying) screening, that moment when you clear security and have the wonderland of the airport before you.

It was quiet. Only two gates open and one establishment open serving light snacks which I passed on after the cabin crew informed me that the service on this place was essentially unchanged and all I wanted was a tipple and a snack. Now sitting in 4A with a shadow which QF has mandated on this craft (and feeling like my WP status has been slightly devalued - putting the W in WP).

Mask on and into my new home, always far too temporary home for the next 50 minutes.

It's so good to be flying again 😃

Attachments

Toula92122

Now you have me excited about the possibility of one day getting on a plane and going somewhere. Never again will I complain about the pain of TSA, the hanging around the gate to board, crappy airline food. I'm ready to embrace it all.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Now you have me excited about the possibility of one day getting on a plane and going somewhere. Never again will I complain about the pain of TSA, the hanging around the gate to board, crappy airline food. I'm ready to embrace it all.
If nothing else this period has served as a reminder to us all that travel is a privilege, not a right.

I wouldn't say that I've ever taken it for granted, but I certainly will appreciate the ability to travel more after this and try not to get so annoyed in future by some of the smaller inconveniences that travel brings.

AviatorInsight

I’ve missed it too!

Pic from last’s night SYD-PER-SYD trip. Was so good to be flying after almost 6 weeks off. Seeing sights like this never gets old and has made me appreciate it a whole lot more if and when I go back full time.

Still managed to stay current through this and just taking it day by day. It’s eerie in every terminal and notably in the sky over the airwaves.

ATC is very quiet and on a trip that would have been filled with other aircraft I think I only saw 2 others airborne.

Let’s hope this comes back soon.

1CAAD66E-2C9D-486C-B85F-50F713F4CE24.jpeg

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picturerestoration