FlyerTalk down

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by thadocta, Mar 3, 2003.

1. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

I thought that since a lot of us frequent both FlyerTalk and here, that this could be a useful site to check what is going on.

FWIW, FT is down at the moment (1137 SYD time Monday).
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Dave

2. willyroo

willyroo Junior Member

Jan 14, 2003
  3. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Welcome to THIS site, willyroo.

Dave

4. willyroo

willyroo Junior Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Ta mate :)

BTW, WTF is QF WP @ FT?

5. willyroo

willyroo Junior Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Hmmm - sounds like the start of a joke I once heard:

"What do you call a deer with no eyes?"

NI

6. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    and here I was wondering why this morning I couldn't log in properly to FT! How can FT survice without it's moderator and most prolific poster...since I hven't been there for 3-4 days, I'd better check it out now.
    What's a QF WP (answer - not quite an AXA)??

7. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Just checked it again now...FT still not playing ball so I'm logging out and heading for bed and latest Business Traveller mag...unfortunately Mrs LW2b not with me tonight :cry:

8. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Just got home at 0325, watched something on History Channel I had been wanting to watch, comes around to 0420, and all of a sudden FlyerTalk works. Bugger all on there though, will have to wait for all of your pearls of wisdom.

Dave

9. martynriddle

martynriddle Newbie

Nov 15, 2002
    Down again this morning (Wednesday 5th). Getting as reliable as a Shitty Flyer service :eek:

10. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Anyone else experiencing problems?

When I go into the forums list, several forums - including the QF forum - are showing zero posts, sero replies.

Tried to post a new topic - entitled "Zero posts?????" and it was accepted, and post-count still showed zero/zero.

ANyone else seeing it?

1.10am on TU06MAY03.

Dave

11. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    I tried at 8 PM last night and couldn't even get the site up. :(

12. michaelblain

michaelblain Junior Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Still down on Thurs 8th at 17:30 EST

13. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

It was up all day for me, I got a call-out at 1500, then went to the pub (I reckon someone lit the fire deliberately to give us an excuse to go to the pub afterwards), got home at 0030 and it was working.

Dave

14. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    Is it regular maintenance or something. Do they figure the regular crowd are catching up on sleep and there is noone else around :?:

15. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Would seem pretty silly if they do. I am being castigated at the moment for calling an OTT moderator a "little Hitler" (my mistake was that I didn't know the moderator was Austrian), and am being told that I should remember that FT is an international BB.

If it is international, they shouldn't assume that everyone in our zone works on NA or European timezones.

Dave

16. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    oops :oops:

I've been reading some of the back & forth on 'thread closing' with much amusement. :)

17. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Redrat, that would be Ozstamps v Willyroo :lol: I think thet thread has died - hasn't been posted to for 3 days now. 1-all, and agree-to-disagree maybe :roll:

18. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Nah, this one os going on in the "Only Randy Petersen" board, and is under "Trigger Happy Moderator".

Dave

19. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    But that is probably why I can't find any open threads - it's only for Randy?? Or do you have some acess that I don't have, Dave...