Flybuys Targeted Bonus Promotions | Page 225 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Flybuys Targeted Bonus Promotions

Lemon_Party

Flights
My Map
Has anyone else had a total loss of targeted offers? Last year in the last 6 months to Xmas I consistently got 2k, 5k and 10k offers for various small and large spend options, same for the missus on our shared account. Since Christmas a few boosters and small offers, since April, zero offers and zero boosters. Pretty similar story with Woolworths too, not sure what I’m doing wrong...

PDog

Has anyone else had a total loss of targeted offers? Last year in the last 6 months to Xmas I consistently got 2k, 5k and 10k offers for various small and large spend options, same for the missus on our shared account. Since Christmas a few boosters and small offers, since April, zero offers and zero boosters. Pretty similar story with Woolworths too, not sure what I’m doing wrong...
Not really.
I've just finished a 4 x $80 spend for 10,000 points, I've had a couple which I ignored before that as they were $150+. I've got boosters, and random offers- all that's been missing for us is the one large spend for xx,xxx points (sadly, they were great!)

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
How many accounts do you have?

If you don't have at least 5 then that's what you are doing wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: jch

Major

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just received an offer of 2000 points for $150 spend. I have had several of these and ignored them all.

I haven't spent $150 in one shop since Christmas

AisleSeat

Flights
My Map
Just finished a 4 week/$60/10,000 point run.

Now received a $60/2000 point offer.
Also have a 50x points offer for Palmolive and a 3x points "biggest shop" offer.
That'll all stack nicely.

GSP

Received a 2000 points for $90. 2 accounts both got $50 for 1000 points and another account received squat, although did just come off a 10k for $60 * 4.

SydneySwan

AFF Supporter
Just finished a 4 * 50 for 10k points. Rewarded with offer of 250 bonus points for buying Morning Fresh dish washing liquid. Offer can be redeemed TWICE. This is unusual for me as usually offers can be redeemed once or unlimited times. New strategy perhaps?

QF WP

Flights
My Map
They're looking to achieve repetitive behaviour, as patterns becomes a habit. Will probably mean 14 days + of continued usage, viewing brand name during each use of product. Clever marketing IMHO

Rusty776

Checked the phone app and saw I had these offers. If I met the $170 spend today would they stack for 5000 points?

SydneySwan

AFF Supporter
I would check the validity dates of the 4 days left'' offer in case it doesn't start until tomorrow.

Rusty776

I would check the validity dates of the 4 days left'' offer in case it doesn't start until tomorrow.
Strange but this offer above ended up being able to stack. The spend dates missed overlapping by 1 day. So nice surprise to see 5000 points instead of 2500. Does this happen regularly for others? I don’t often get deals with dates so close together.

jch

I've received two 2000 points for $100 spend within a week, being away and not spending over Easter comes with its advantages! Also great timing having the bonus on the transfer in May so effectively 10 velocity points per $1 spent.

AisleSeat

Flights
My Map
Just finished a 4 week/$60/10,000 point run.

Now received a $60/2000 point offer.
Also have a 50x points offer for Palmolive and a 3x points "biggest shop" offer.
That'll all stack nicely.
Ugh, Re-read the TandC from the Palmolive offer after the points landed as they weren't there.

Offer not available in conjunction with other bonus offers. Boo. At least I didn't buy a lot of it.

Albert Hoffman

Do people still get printed coupons in the mail? haven't got any for six months, would be great to have them to stack with the online offers..

rainbowgirl

AFF Supporter
There is a batch of coupons out at the moment but the deals aren't any good.

Flybuys usually slow down the bonus points in the last financial quarter. Look out for good offers after July 1.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chippo2008