Flights not called from The Lounge... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Flights not called from The Lounge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,136
Flights
My Map
After last time I'm now quite wary about DJ not calling flights from The Lounge... this time I asked on entry whether they would be calling this particular flight and told that they would. But I was also keeping an eye on the monitors just in case.

This time the flight wasn't called, the monitors failed to be updated, and it was only my natural distrust for DJ that made me ask what was happening with the flight. Turned out they had paged us twice (which we can't hear in The Lounge).

So please DJ, either call the flights from The Lounge or make it so that we can hear the announcements from outside. And telling us that it's our own fault for not being at the gate 30 minutes before the flight is just crap.

Maybe it's just that I miss Qantas, but is that so unreasonable?
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
It is unreasonable. BTW QF also been known to forget to make a call in the lounge.
 

Bolman

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
33
Kiwi Flyer said:
It is unreasonable. BTW QF also been known to forget to make a call in the lounge.
One morning in Sydney, I checked in and arrived in time to get my toast and yoghurt from QC.

Sat down, listened and waited, listed and waited. No call for my flight, checked the TV, low and behold the flight was not on the tv.

I approached the counter to ask what happened, the gentleman told me that I had missed it. He very promptly quoted the exact number of FF passengers who had not missed the flight suggesting that they had not forgotten to call it but I had not heard it. But he also supported his argument with "well we don't have to announce the flight sir, we only do it as courtesy to our patrons". I politely swallowed my pride asked him to put me on the next flight, refraining from reaching across the counter and poking him in the eye.

I will never know - it could have been that it was 7am and my ears were still asleep.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
one reason I prefer lounges to have flight monitors and computer terminals (yes there are some lounges that have neither!)
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,720
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Often (especially in the smaller lounges) the monitors are not updated with sufficient regularity.

I have for years been one of those who boards late (not too late); but recently I have begun to take note of loads and often with fullish flights will at the gate before boarding commences. I then board "at my leisure" as a QF WP; which is when boarding commences.
 

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,136
Flights
My Map
The first time I was in The Lounge I was watching the monitors and went to the gate when it said "boarding". The flight didn't start boarding for another ten minutes. After that I started waiting until the flight was called.

Kiwi Flyer said:
one reason I prefer lounges to have flight monitors and computer terminals (yes there are some lounges that have neither!)
Agreed, it would be even better if the monitors were updated.

Bolman said:
I politely swallowed my pride asked him to put me on the next flight, refraining from reaching across the counter and poking him in the eye.
Lucky you weren't on DJ where the next flight isn't for six hours. I wish they would stop using their "in business, timing is everything" ad in Perth. Two flights a day is a pain (the redeye doesn't count).

Steve
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,811
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Often (especially in the smaller lounges) the monitors are not updated with sufficient regularity.
In lounges where I am not confident the monitors are accurate, I regularly check with the staff and ask them when my flight will be boarding.
 

pauly7

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
4,453
StevePER said:
Lucky you weren't on DJ where the next flight isn't for six hours. I wish they would stop using their "in business, timing is everything" ad in Perth. Two flights a day is a pain (the redeye doesn't count).

Steve
I'm a bit over it too, and when I checked Qantas and Virgin are equal on-time performers over the last quarter anyway, so I wonder if they will have to drop that line soon.
 

alien

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
281
Flights
My Map
Yes I have had the same experience enjoying my coffee watching the Sunrise program and nearly missed my flight due to the no calling in The Lounge. Ultimately its the passengers responsibility to meet the flight however if they say are are calling flights then thats what should happen.
 

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
17,783
Flights
My Map
Bolman said:
One morning in Sydney, I checked in and arrived in time to get my toast and yoghurt from QC.

Sat down, listened and waited, listed and waited. No call for my flight, checked the TV, low and behold the flight was not on the tv.

I approached the counter to ask what happened, the gentleman told me that I had missed it. He very promptly quoted the exact number of FF passengers who had not missed the flight suggesting that they had not forgotten to call it but I had not heard it. But he also supported his argument with "well we don't have to announce the flight sir, we only do it as courtesy to our patrons". I politely swallowed my pride asked him to put me on the next flight, refraining from reaching across the counter and poking him in the eye.
Even if they had not called the flight, what happened to the "Mr Bolman, where are you, you are holding the flight up" calls? :D
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
Exactly. It is the inconsistency that poses a problem. Either announce all or announce none. I just posted some more thoughts on my blog.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
82,508
Messages
1,911,279
Members
50,289
Latest member
Mariamwales
Top