Flight Upgrade Request - How do I know?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Sequel, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Tried to request an intl upgrade using points. Followed the links, request upgrade - check box for conditions - submit. Have had a look today and it still gives me the option to upgrade the flight, there doesn't seem to be any indication that I have requested the upgrade. Is this normal? Or should I request upgrade again?

2. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    From manage my bookings, click on the upgrade flight button. It should then list all of your current bookings and show if an upgrade request has been submitted, or if not available due to class booked.

3. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    When I do that, next to the flight I m trying to upgrade, it still has the "request upgrade" button (which I have pressed twice and followed the process).

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Click on the Upgrade link and it will show all the flights in the booking along with an action like to the right.

IIRC, If an upgrade has already been successfully requested, the action will read something like "Cancel Upgrade".

5. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Sunday 22 Jul 07 Jakarta Sydney Upgrade to: Business Points: 15,000 Request Upgrade

Have used the "request upgrade" link twice now with no change. Other flights in the itinerary also have "request upgrade", "upgrade not available" (for SQ leg) and "contact your travel advisor" (for wait-listed flight). Maybe needs a call to the service centre.

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Time to call QF and ask them if the waitlist is registered and if not to have it registered. This can be done over the phone. In fact, for a paper ticket that is the only way it can be done.

7. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Phoned QF call center and they have manually entered the request.

8. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Just had the call centre phone me! Turns out the TA has booked me 2 seats on the SYD-BNE leg (1 full Y, the other a wait listed discount fare), and QF need one of those cancelled before the booking can be adjusted - ie. an upgrade request put in.

9. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Ahh, now that explains why the on-line process was not working.