If you have already proactively canceled your flight, then I'm afraid you are likely to be up for the cancellation fee. Even if AY turns around and now says they have canceled the flight - it will be too late, you have already canceled it.Thanks dimons.
Checked the AY website & they say for flights in Sept we should be advised by June 14 so will give it a few more days.
however, if you had travel insurance, they may cover this.
What people should do is wait until the airline cancels the flights, then you have a right to a full refund. But you must wait until the airline cancels.