Flight Availability/Loadings & Upgrade Probability Help Desk | Page 286 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Flight Availability/Loadings & Upgrade Probability Help Desk

jastel

Could someone please check QF15 BNE-LAX on 30 October 2019 please.
Thanks in advance.
In PE but hoping for Business Upgrade.

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Could someone please check QF15 BNE-LAX on 30 October 2019 please.
Thanks in advance.
In PE but hoping for Business Upgrade.
Acording to EF:
BNELAX.jpg
But the upgrade fairy says you're likely to stay in PE.
However she also whispered that if you were able to change to QF55 at 20:35 your chances would dramatically improve.

jastel

Acording to EF:
View attachment 193828
However she also whispered that if you were able to change to QF55 at 20:35 your chances would dramatically improve.

Thanks...cant change flights, already have a tightish connection.
I have been offered a Bid Upgrade thing...trying to research how many $$ to offer or if it is even worth it.
I kinda remember a thread here but cant find it yet...

dairyfloss

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks...cant change flights, already have a tightish connection.
I have been offered a Bid Upgrade thing...trying to research how many $$ to offer or if it is even worth it.
I kinda remember a thread here but cant find it yet...
If you're already registered for a classic points upgrade from PE, then don't bother with Bid Now... The classics are completed before any Bid Now offers are processed, and so if you were going to get it, you would have got it already before this... or at least, this is how it was set-up to operate from the outset! Good luck, ether way!

Cheers,
Matt.

jastel

Flight is still a week away so fingers crossed. I am Gold now so that may help.
I have only got these bid upgrade things for DOM before where I wasn't interested so have not done one before.

jastel

OK finally found the old thread but it was mostly about domestic upgrades, and no posts for 6 months or so.
T&C of the offer I got still say Classic Upgrades done before Bid Now.
So I will just wait and see what the fairies decide.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
With I9 on both flights, why the difference?
Getting such an offer can be indicative of a light load as well as light upgrade requests and generally means points upgrades are more likely to succeed.

jastel

That was my thinking (hoping) as well Serfty...also got another email today same offer details again.
Friend got an offer for return flight only? I got both ways. He is Bronze.

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Never interrogate a fairy.
However I am sure you can imagine that other variables are at play. Such as the number of upgrade requests received.
Getting such an offer can be indicative of a light load as well as light upgrade requests and generally means points upgrades are more likely to succeed.
In theory.

Fil-Ski

Loads as per EF:
2 NOV 2019 QF1 SYD-SIN F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 I0 W3 R0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V0 S9 N9 Q9 O9 X9 E1
2 NOV 2019 QF1 SIN-LHR F7 A7 J9 C4 D0 I0 W4 R3 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K5 M3 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 X0 E0

But these don't mean much on their own and I can't give you much more meaningful information unless I know what you are checking for.
The upgrade fairy suggests slight chance of upgrade to PE on both sectors, stiff competition for J SYD-SIN and a lot of disappointment likely SIN-LHR.
Good chance for F SYD-SIN but all chances taken for SIN-LHR.
But if you are already in the queue, it all depends on your status, the fare you have booked and paid for and the date when you requested the upgrade.
And of course there could be more bookings in the next two weeks - it's still a long way off!
Thanks

I got a Bid Now upgrade email yesterday. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or bad.

Longtoo

Could someone kindly help with the loading of QF127 SYD to HKG on 30 Oct and QF128 HKG to SYD on 8 Nov please? I am currently on Y hoping for award upgrade to J. TIA>

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Could someone kindly help with the loading of QF127 SYD to HKG on 30 Oct and QF128 HKG to SYD on 8 Nov please? I am currently on Y hoping for award upgrade to J. TIA>
Here ya go -

QF127: J4 C4 D4 I4 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 X9 E9

QF128: J9 C9 D0 I0 W0 R0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 X0 E0

OATEK

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Never interrogate a fairy.
However I am sure you can imagine that other variables are at play. Such as the number of upgrade requests received.

In theory.
Son-in-law always pops up with information about waitlists, upgrade requests etc from the QF employee account. He is just organising a ride back from LHR for his Mum and carefully weighing up QF2 v QF10 across several days to see what gave the best chance of her grabbing a J seat.

jastel

Well currently sitting at LAX Admirals Club after a nice QF15 Business class flight...bronze friend upgraded as well.
Immigration at LAX still a shambles but despite being rejected by the auto gate got thru in twenty minutes as was among first off...plane was early we had to sit on Tarmac for 20 mins or so before they let us in.

pippen_2k

Well currently sitting at LAX Admirals Club after a nice QF15 Business class flight...bronze friend upgraded as well.
Immigration at LAX still a shambles but despite being rejected by the auto gate got thru in twenty minutes as was among first off...plane was early we had to sit on Tarmac for 20 mins or so before they let us in.
Did you end up submitting a bid now request or was it just the points upgrade that got you and your friend to business?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vicki Angela