FF Credit Card Signup Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Hey everyone, just a newbie around here. I'm looking at applying for a FF credit card (preferably Visa/Mastercard) and scoring some free points just for signing up. I notice that ANZ currently offer 10 000 points for signing up and making one purchase. However I don't plan on keeping the card in the long term due to the annual fees and points capping.

Does anyone know of any other cards which are currently giving away points simply for signing up and making a purchase? Keeping in mind I mainly want to transfer the points to my QFF a/c.

Moreover, thinking longterm what is the best Visa/MC for earning points of 1pt / $1 spent or better? I know of the Citibank Gold fee free card but what else is there in comparison?

I would appreciate anyone's feedback whose had some experience with these credit cards..

Cheers :)

Just keep checking the Credit card and Amex in particular Section.

AMEX in particular seem to have some form of sign on deal happening every months or so..

If someone sees a deal they will post it there..

Interesting.... ANZ Credit Cards

ANZ used to have a Rewards Program Annual Fee of about $90 in addition to being a QF FF member...ie the card was free but you had to join their ANZ Rewards program. so this long running 10,000 point offer meant that the points actually cost you $90 making there value questionable unless you only edeem for Business and above awards or Upgrades

It looks like this may have disappeared...as it is now a QF ANZ Card.

I have ignored this card in the past due to the $90..but if that is now gone I may grab the 10,000 points myself.

Time to cancel my Earth card;)

Last edited:
Geez...ANZ do make it hard to see what things actually cost...

The bad news is it will still cost $95.

The other card used to bea $40 account fee and a seperate $55 rawaras fee.

This one rolls it all into the one $95 or more...

Credit Cards & Visa Debit

Credit Cards with Frequent Flyer points

ANZFrequentFlyerVisa.gif

ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa
Apply Now
  • Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points2
  • Earn Points when you spend2
  • Up to 44 days interest free credit on purchases
  • $95 Annual account fee8
  • 19.99% p.a. interest rate
anzfrequentflyervisa_g.gif

ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Gold
Apply Now
  • Earn Points when you spend2
  • Up to 55 days interest free credit on purchases
  • $150 Annual account fee8
ANZFrequentFlyerVisa_p.gif

ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Platinum
Apply Now
  • Visa Platinum privileges
  • Up to 55 days interest free credit on purchases
  • $195 Annual account fee8

Nutcase said:
lovetravellingoz said:
Geez...ANZ do make it hard to see what things actually cost...

Its a GST thing

Indeed. The account fee is free of GST, but the rewards fee component is subject to GST.

oz_mark said:
Indeed. The account fee is free of GST, but the rewards fee component is subject to GST.

Ta...as I did not know that.

But what I was referring to was that the $95 is not up front on the offer page (AMEX by comparison always have it)....you have to go looking for it and if you didn't know thay had them you would not know to look.

When they first had these offers it used te in fine print on the splash page. But they have now removed all mention of it there.

Thanks for the info so far guys.

I received an AMEX offer in the mail for a Premium card with 17500 points (15k on activation, 2.5k after 1st purchase) and the annual fee waived for the 1st year. What I'd like to know is were the previous 30-40000 point offers only available on the Ultimate AMEX card or the Premium as well?

I'm prepared to wait for better offers if thats likely otherwise I'll just signup for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back