Feedback on experience with Mercure

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Flashback, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to mention a good experience, in this case with the Mercure in Melbourne. Booked a room earlier this morning for a trip being made in 2 weeks, and had accidentally booked the wrong day (on a deal that allows no date change, etc.). As it was an obvious mistake, I contacted Mercure in order to get the booking changed to a day later.

The hotel said no, and to ring their office in Sydney. So I rang Sydney, who took my details and rang the hotel themselves to follow up. 10 minutes later I received a call saying that my booking had been changed - couldn't have been happier.

It's great to see that through honest mistakes they're still happy to accomodate changes when the terms of the booking state otherwise. Obviously, as always YMMV - but for me this was a positive experience!

Cheers; Dan

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A great outcome that a few (so called) service providers could learn from. :D

3. codash1099

codash1099 Established Member

Aug 2, 2006
    PER
    I'm not so sure about Mercure's customer care.

I've stayed with them on quite a few occasions (mostly the Mercure Sydney Airport) and have run into a total blank on getting FF points for the stay. I usually book direct with the hotel but have only ever received points for expenditure during my stay (eg breakfast). Nothing for the accommodation itself. I've had no response to emails and no action even when promised by the receptionist at the hotel. Chasing points through the Qantas FF does no better. There is nothing anywhere on their site (that I can find) that sets out their policy. I have, however, received points on the one occasion I booked through Qantas Holidays.

4. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    You need to remember you are dealing with Accor.

They don't know what "customer service" means.

After all, they are a French company.

5. Soundguy

Soundguy Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Rudd's Banana Republic
    Had the same problem, not getting FF points from Accor hotels. They usually come up with an excuse that the room has to be above a certain $$ rate per night to qualify.

6. Flashback

Flashback Senior Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #6 Flashback, Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
    It's interesting that you say that - I had the same experience with the Mercure up in Broome..

7. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not exacly a uniquely Accor problem. Seems widespread through many chains

8. snufl

snufl Member

Aug 11, 2006
    When I stayed at the Mercure Sydney points were posted quick smart.:D

Stayed at Novotel Homebush and after 6 contacts and 5 months wait to no avail, I sent a copy of receipt to Qantas, then got points.

Both are Accor :rolleyes: and I got the feeling the responsibility is with the individual hotel.

My husband doesn't follow up and after checking his FF statement none of the points for the hotels he had stayed at in the past couple of years were there, so its seems common with a number of brands.

Our new rule is: File all receipts, if points do no appear on ff statement within 3 months, fax to Qantas.

9. snufl

snufl Member

Aug 11, 2006
    When I stayed at the Mercure Sydney points were posted quick smart.:D

Stayed at Novotel Homebush and after 6 contacts and 5 months wait to no avail, I sent a copy of receipt to Qantas, then got points.

Both are Accor :rolleyes: and I got the feeling the responsibility is with the individual hotel.

My husband doesn't follow up and after checking his FF statement none of the points for the hotels he had stayed at in the past couple of years were there, so its seems common with a number of brands.

Our new rule is: File all receipts, if points do no appear on ff statement within 3 months, fax to Qantas.